Pokemon TCG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aliyaxoxo, Nov 26, 2016.

1. So I looked for a couple of minutes and I have yet to actually find a Pokemon TCG thread, so I've decided to make one. This is a place where we can discuss decks, things that have happened at a League or a Tournament, trade (I think this is allowed as long as it doesn't incorporate any in-game items but if I'm wrong please correct me), post pictures of collections, and any other various things related to the Pokemon TCG. I will be posting something here soon about a deck I am building, but I have a couple of things to do first, so I'll reserve a post and edit it into there later.

PSHSHSHSHSSHSHSHH - Krabby
    607 likes this.
  2. EDIT :

I've recently began to build a M Gardevoir EX Deck. I've got a good portion of the cards right now and plan on buying the rest tonight. It revolves around M Gardevoir from Steam Siege. The attack is Despair Ray, 2 energy and it does 110 damage plus an extra 10 damage for any pokemon you discard from your bench. So the supporting pokemon are Klefki Wonder Lock (As a mega attack prevention) Hoopa EX (Drawing EX's) and Dragonite EX (Bringing back Pokemon from my Discard Pile). I unfortunately have no Shaymin. Another method of bringing back Pokemon from Discard would be Karen, a VERY wonderful card. I use Sky Field as a method of increasing possible attack damage (if you discard a full Sky Field Bench it does 180 Damage) and you can then attach a Fighting Fury Belt (depending on whether or not there is a spirit link already) and use a Giovanni's Scheme to get a maximum total damage output of 210, knocking out essentially any pokemon in 1 turn. It's a very good deck if you can build it up correctly, and usually gets fully setup in at least 4 turns.
  3. jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. Nice man, did you buy that recently or have you saved it since it was out? I've considered buying some old Legend pokemon cards from HGSS and some old packs and framing them.
  5. Got it recently for a steal
  6. Now to talk about my collection, if I upload any pictures, I'll put them in a spoiler here. I have over 200 First Editions, very few reverse/holo but most in NM/LP condition (No Charizard though :(). I've got a couple of Lvl. X's (one of my favorite looking card types) and some EX's/Full Arts from the XY and BW series. I haven't been playing the actual card game for long, I started right before the release of Steam Siege, but I've been collecting for the longest time now. I go to a league on Saturdays as often as I can, and I actually have the first tournament I'm actually competing in this upcoming Saturday if I actually end up ordering the cards I need.
  7. Ok I have officially ordered the remaining cards for my deck, a wonderful total of $46.84 worth to be exact.
  8. I gave away all my cards from the TCG, but I got quite some of the trading cards that existed before that.
    However, I haven't seen them in years, so they might've been thrown away or disappeared during our move about 7 years ago.
    CallumDAKing likes this.
  9. Bump! Who else plays?
  10. I wanted to start playing a few years ago but lost the vibe as none of my mates play it (obviously cause I'm 16 and in south England) I also found it pretty expensive to buy booster packs etc. I made a deck which was crap but was still a deck and never got to play my first game xd
  11. I used to have so many cards then I lost them ;-;
  12. I mean I'm in Alabama and I'm going to a High School, there is not a single person I talk to on a daily basis that plays, but I went to a comic book store nearby one Saturday when they host Pokemon Leagues and it's got me hooked. If you look online for comic book stores near you and call to ask if they host a Pokemon League, you might meet some new people there. But yes, it can be an expensive hobby to get into, but it's not extremely expensive if you spend your money right. If you just want to build a deck, you could go online and buy the contents of a decent deck for $50-$200 (USD) or you could go and spend $1,600 on packs and not get all of the cards you'd need. I've got a deck currently that is worth ~$125 (USD) and I have yet to test it irl, I'll be playing with it in a tournament this Saturday, but I play PTCGO a lot with that deck and I win a lot of matches. Another option would definitely be PTCGO. On there, you can buy codes for packs (It's ~.40 for a decent pack) and you can trade them for cards you need. I have spent about $35 on codes and I have the same deck I'm using IRL, and I'm using some of the full art and secret rare cards which are worth much more than the regular ones.

Aww man that sucks, if you're actually interested in getting them you might find them among old storage boxes. I actually found my First Edition and Lvl. X/G Pokemon collection in my closet as well as a ridiculously large amount of base set trainers/pokemon/energy.
    607, Lordess_Spartan and Ch33zus like this.
  13. Two or three of my friends do have Pokémon cards, but I don't think any of them ever played a game according to the rules.
    Neither have I, at my elementary school we always ignored the energy cards, I believe.
  14. I will have to post my collection when I am back home from college. A lot of it isn't mint, but I will buy nearly any cheap base set holo aha.
    EmpireMall likes this.