Pokemon Card collectors!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Impaxis, Oct 28, 2021.

?

You ever collected Pokemon cards?

Ofcourse! 8 vote(s) 88.9%
Pokemon cards? What is that? 1 vote(s) 11.1%
  1. Waddup!

When I was a kid I used to collect Pokemon cards, as many other kids..
    Sadly enough I lost interest back then and sold all my Pokemon cards! :eek:

But... As many may have noticed, the last 1-2 years the hype around Pokemon cards became huge!
    This also caught my attention ofcourse..
    I started to watch Randolph, an UK Youtuber/Rapper/Pokemondude. (And started to watch Pokerev too since today!)

Seeing him opening packs, enjoying the art of some amazing cards..

It really got me excited to start my collection again!

So I started fresh without a single card..
    The first set I started working on is the Hidden Fates set, this set.. Oh my, got some amazing cards!

Also collecting slowly but surely some PSA & AP graded cards!

Do I know alot about Pokemon? Nope! (Mainly generation 1..)
    Do I love to collect those amazing monsters?
    Oh yes!

I basically made this thread to find other people that enjoy collecting Pokemon cards and want to show their collection and/or share their favourite Pokemon (card!):D
    And ofcourse share their knowledge!

Got any questions? Feel free to send me a DM or ask it on this thread!
    Lets keep this thread Pokemon cards related please.

Dont mind my English will ya?
    TECtock, ChespinLover77, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. Here the pictures of my graded cards!

My Korean Pikachu Vmax!

My Machamp GX from Burning Shadows! A solid Mint 9!:D

My first ever graded Hidden Fates card!

607, Tuqueque and Nickblockmaster like this.
  3. My favourite Pokemon?
    Well, I am sure you haven't figured that one out yet..
    It might be Scyther!

So I started also collecting Scyther cards, here are a few!

4. Those cards do have nice artwork. I never collected Pokemon cards but my son did.

I noticed in the news today a guy in Georgia got in trouble after buying a Pokemon card for $57k with money intended for another purpose. I don't know the card he bought but obviously they are still quite popular.
    607, Nickblockmaster and Varua like this.
  5. I read something about that indeed!
    The prices of some Pokemon cards are just insane, if you ask me.. a bit over the top :p.
    But even with a small amount of money you can get into Pokemon and have some fun.
    As long as someone doesn't do it for the money to be honest!:D

Nickblockmaster likes this.
  6. I collected some when I was little, then again when another EMCer got me back into them, Mostly generation 3 and 4, Sadly Ive ended up being priced out of most of them but I enjoy the ones I have!

Ive had the chance to go to a few pokemon events irl and met some awesome people, including the EMCer who got me back into pokemon! There were a lot more awesome people who aren't well known but I got to meet Leonhart and King Pokemon (people kept thinking I was his son rofl), TCA gaming,

What's your favorite set? :)
    607 and Varua like this.
  7. Around 2006 I inherited a large collection of Pokémon cards amounting to about 400 in total from distant family.

They were going to get trashed, but they sent them to me instead. What you have to realize is, at that time, I didn’t have the slightest idea how they were used, or how you played. Didn’t even know people collected them.

It was all just stacks of cards that I didn’t know what to do with. So in the meantime I asked around my friends at that time, see if anyone knew someone.

Unfortunately soon afterwards someone stole the entire collection. I never was able to prove who did it, or get any of them back. Which kinda sucked.

Although then, I didn’t feel like the cards themselves were any loss to me in terms of value, I hate that someone stole them.

Now I understand why. Someone must’ve believed they were gonna cash in on some cards. Maybe they did. Truth is I’ll never know, because I never knew what I had.

RIP!

Maybe now I will try to get interested and learn more about these. We’ll see!
    607 and Varua like this.
  8. I got travel case full of them.. holos in sleeves. Nothing I’ve ever had anyone try to grade but I’ve sure there are a few worth a dolor or two.
    607, Varua and Nickblockmaster like this.
  9. That is awesome! I never attended a Pokemon event, maybe in the future. Would love to meet other people that enjoy the collecting of the cards.

My favorite set has to be Hidden Fates! I am a fan of generation 1, and always really enjoy to open the packs of Hidden Fates!
    607 likes this.
  10. Oh no.. 400 cards stolen?! That really sucks man..
    Too bad you never been able to get them back!

Best way to get into it is to just check which art you like the most of a card! And start from there.
    It is about the enjoyment and love for it, not for the money. In my opinion tho!
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.
  11. Would love to see your favorite(s)!

The graded cards I got, are ones I just bought.
    Sadly enough it is really hard/expensive for me to send cards to PSA. Since I am in the EU. And well, PSA is in the states!

We got AP Grading tho, that one is jn Germany.
    I sent my Charmander a few days ago to them, I hope for a good grading!
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  12. Not too much into Pokemon but I know a bit! I run a Collectibles store mainly focused in Sports Cards I carry some Pokemon Cards as well I just got these in "trade" (mainly a gift from a friend) Mewtwo was always my favorite as a kid :rolleyes:
    Pokemon is almost impossible to keep in stock. I mainly focus on bulk stuff I sell out of it within a week or two of getting it in.
    ChespinLover77, 607 and Varua like this.
  13. that is awesome that you run a collectibles store!

Mewtwo is amazing! Really love the art of the right Mewtwo!

Stores do indeed struggle alot with keeping Pokemon in stock.. When they release new sets, you almost have to pre-order if you wanna be in time to get some.
    607 likes this.
  14. Here is my Mewtwo from the Hidden Fates set and a Mew from the Celebrations set!

607 and Sefl like this.
  15. Soo..
    I have ordered two Hidden Fates tins!
    Hopefully will be delivered tomorrow..
    I am trying to hunt down that beautiful shiny Charizard!
    But every card that adds to my collection.. Oh yes please.

Maybe I will record the pack opening and make a little video of it!:D
    607, Nickblockmaster and farmerguyson like this.
  16. I was able to order an ETB for celebrations at Gamestop today while they had stock for 5 minutes lol.

The Celebrations collections and the recent content etc has been pumping me up to get back into pokemon again =D
    Varua and 607 like this.
  17. Wow, I wasn't expecting so many posts in this thread! :eek:
    I will post about my experience with Pokémon cards later, as reading all these posts took me so long that now I need to do something else. :p (I would want to go to bed... but there is a laundry problem)
    I don't get the grading stuff... I thought that was in what state the product was, but I am confused to see cards that look quite modern in your collection that are graded... can't people just buy a pack and store the cards in a good way right away, and never use them, so that they will be as perfect as they can be?
    Nickblockmaster and Varua like this.
  18. Mint Condition can also depend on how accurate was the print, how accurate was the image centered, How accurate did the factory cut the cards, how the packs where handled from the factory box to the customer. Any tiny bent or scratch may severely reduce the grading of the cards.
    607, Nickblockmaster and Varua like this.
  19. Oh yeah, the celebrations set are going crazy! I was able to get a Kanto tin. The ETB is out of stock almost every where niw, if not overpriced!

I hope you pull the Charizard!^.^
    farmerguyson likes this.
  20. Would love to read your experience! I see that Tuqueque already explained the grading part :)
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.