POISON IVY HELP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ItsMeWolffpack, Jul 5, 2018.

?

Have you had poison ivy or anything similar before?

Yes 12 vote(s) 52.2%
No 11 vote(s) 47.8%
  1. Hey! So I was doing yard work by my house and me, stupidly, threw poison ivy on the fire. I have poison Ivy everywhere that wasn't covered by clothes (Chest, arms, neck and legs.) I was lucky enough to have washed my hands and face. But, as for the rest of my body, it is on fire. Any help? Home remedies or should I go to the hospital? (Pictures soon)
    OUTCOME (FOR ME)
    -Doctor. This is the way to go. I'm covered with insurance and I had no fees. There was a shot up mah bum but it wasn't bad at all. 1 hour later and no pain and almost instant relief. I have pills for the next week to help.
    -Meat Tenderizer. Works good, may smell funny but had a lasting soothing affect.

-Oatmeal Bath. This worked wonders, doesn't involve tons of hands on and is long lasting.
    -Oatmeal Lotion. This stuff was easy to find and you can get it in body wash form, which worked with my normal shower routine.
    -Jewel Weed. Worked okay, had to find some at first. Does not last long
    -Cold Water. For getting oils off, this worked. Did not help itchyness.
    -Hot Water. VERY painful. Only would recommend if you're trying to hurt yourself. Did leave me itch free, but I think it's like having a cut on your hand and hitting the other one with a hammer.

WHAT I LEARNED:
    LEAVES OF THREE, DON'T TOUCH ME.
    WEAR GLOVES AND PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS.
    AFTER GETTING POISON IVY, WASH YOUR BODY WITH COLD, SOAPY WATER TO PREVENT DEVELOPMENT OF RASH.
    BE SURE TO GO TO THE DOCTORS IF YOU GET BAD POISON IVY.
    POISON IVY, OAK AND SUMAC IS ALL EASILY PREVENTED. DON'T TOUCH IT.

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE REMIDIES AND HELP. I WAS CHECKED FOR BREATHING THE SMOKE IN AND WAS CLEARED. A FAST, IN AND OUT TREATMENT.

607, Nickblockmaster and Eviltoade like this.
  2. :eek: I got poison oak once, years ago. The doctor prescribed some ointment for me to use, but beyond that I have no idea how to help with this.

Though, this gives me an idea for a fun in-game item. Time to go see what fun we can have with vines...
    586, 607, SkeleTin007 and 3 others like this.
  3. Don't scratch !!
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  4. Thinking about buying oatmeal lotion, it helps apparently
    Oh man, it sucks but I haven't!
    AncientTower likes this.
  5. My grandmother would always rub meat tenderizer on the skin (gently) in a paste. It helped.
    ShelLuser and ItsMeWolffpack like this.
  6. I think your grandmother wanted some cooked red dragon
  7. I remember when I had poison ivy I had to usually get a bath with some oatmeal and soak in it for a bit and it helped me a lot
  8. ermm honestly I would go to the doc, yes - it can be very bad to inhale burned poison ivy o.o
  9. Wait so I'm hearing a promo inspired by me? <o/
    Worked! Having steak too.
    Gotta get some and try!
    Day 3 and it seems to have, luckily, not got in my lungs or throat!
    Krysyy and Eviltoade like this.
  10. Native to my state but unreported in my county. Haven't seen any of it, might ask mah grands.

[EDIT] I ACTUALLY HAVE THIS IN A POT ON MY PORCH.
  11. I got stung by stinging nettle before on multiple occasions. Sure, it isn't as bad as poison ivy but I feel your pain man. sorry, I don't have any remedies but google always helps.
  12. I hate stinging nettle, 24/7 by the lake.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  13. Ok good. Either way, heal up quick :) <3
  14. As funny it sounds it actually works
    ItsMeWolffpack and Krysyy like this.
  15. I had it on my face and got a cream for it. Got it at my school in grade 4. Went to hospital for it and school had a massive incident from it.
  16. <3
    Had some for the longest time, someone left it open and dried it up
  17. In my experience anytime anyone asks the internet "should I go see a doctor?" the answer is almost always "yes." lol. But in all seriousness- speaking as someone with medical training- probably the best treatment for the type of rash/pain you are describing is steroids, which you will likely need to see a doctor to get. Hope you feel better soon!
  18. I have poison ivy all around my back yard and it seems like I get a rash at least once a year. I like to run hot water over it. It hurts/itches like mad while I am doing it, but eventually the feeling fades and it will feel comfortable for a long time afterwards. There is probably a more scientific explanation, but I think it is because the nerves get tired.
    607 and ItsMeWolffpack like this.
  19. Even though I work in trees and deal with poison ivy A LOT, I have never gotten a good case of poison ivy or none at all. I feel as if i'm immune to it. My hands get doused is gasoline, oil, regrets of my past, and water so I guess the PI is washed away or something. I'd just jump into a bucket of poison ivy soap and just bathe in that. Just roll around like a wet eel in a HowToBasic video.

Really I can't help you besides doing exactly that.
    607 and ItsMeWolffpack like this.