[PMC event] Let's put the Empire more on the map!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, May 30, 2020.

1. Hi gang!

Editorial

You know what makes a really good game and/or server? Something you really enjoy playing you say? naaaah! ;) ok, ok, more seriously: for me a good game (or server!) is something you can leave alone for some weeks or months and if you then get back into it after a while it will almost immediately manage to grab your attention and suck you right back into it.

I've been on and off on the Empire, also due to personal reasons (and that Corona thing didn't help either) but the first time Aya & me got back into it (mining and building a bit) it was daylight again when we realized that it might be a good idea to turn in (fortunately this happened in the weekend) :)

Planet Minecraft

Over the years I've became quite a fan of PMC, these days their initials are even on the back of my skin. Which you won't see if you use OptiFine (cape) but yah ;) I enjoy how you can share all sorts of things there. Maps, skins, banner designs and blogs? I've shared quite a few guides over there which were met with a lot of fun feedback, including some critical comments (like EMC, PMC does not support a dislike but players can always comment on your work).

My "event" (editorial)

A long time ago I promised (general promise) that I would do a review on the Empire. Later on I discovered PMC, enjoyed their forums and learned that they allow server reviews. Hardly anyone does those but they are allowed (I verified this with PMC staff). And that resulted in my plan of reviewing 3 servers in total. For the record: even in my "less active" days EMC maintained its status of the server I frequent the most.

I did some groundwork but then Aya reminded me of something obvious: being inactive for so long... wouldn't there be others who now know the Empire a lot better than I do? Heck... I know you can set residence flags while in the waste but how to do it? I forgot....

So yeah....

My event: what do you think needs to be included in my review?

What do you think is really "EMC material" and needs to be included in my upcoming review? I want it all... do you think a player residence is a clear example of what EMC is all about? Please share!! (the "ship in a bottle" on SMP2 (if it still exists) is already a taken idea as are Krysyy's spawn builds on SMP2).

Now, sure.. Aya & me have ideas as well but I figured, why not try and turn this into a community effort? Some of you fellow players out there know the current state of the Empire a heck better than I do. Win-win if you ask me!

Prizes?

Does an event really always need prizes? :confused:

ok, ok, ok.... trick question ;)

I am working on officially disbanding GRIP. Don't know GRIP? Good! :D And this is the first round. We're going to give out some promos and other valuable prizes from the GRIP storage. What prizes?

Yah, sorry, I am going to fill out the blanks later because I thought of the event before the prizes.

But any entry will be eligible to win a prize.

What do you think shows us what the Empire is all about?!!

Rules (not just for you, also for us!)
    • If you suggest another players build (and we pick it) then both you and the player who owns the residence gets a prize. This should be obvious: the owner gets the credit (and a higher chunk of the prize).
      • I am well aware that this could open us up to "cheating" (suggest an alts res with a build on it... katschjing!). I hope you won't do that but if so... I also believe the "bad stuff" should be part of a game too (to some extend anyway). There's also the issue that I think alts are awesome so in the end I simply don't care too much :cool: That build didn't build itself, did it?
    • One entry per player, so please pick your suggestions wisely.
      • If more players suggest a res. or a build then only the first player who shared the suggestion is eligible for a prize. But considering things I wouldn't be surprised if this rule got bend a little over time ;)
    • Anything goes! If you think a certain EMC build should be part of all this: do share! However, do keep the next rule in mind:
    • Add a (small) motivation! Don't just tell us that we need to add "this", also share why you think we need to add it.
    I think that should cover it for now.....
    SkeleTin007 and 607 like this.
  2. Reserved just in case.
  3. Just wondering sorry if this is not the right place but is there a YouTube account for emc and is it used?
  4. Yes there's an official account for tutorials and livestreams: https://www.youtube.com/user/EmpireMinecraftYT

As to Shel's post, can we share stuff that isn't related to player residences?
    I was thinking maybe sharing some of the player-made public farms, the custom mobs that have really unique abilities, and maybe even some of the forum creations that celebrate the EMC community. Thoughts? :)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. Sounds like a very good idea I think, I'm all open for that!
  6. Hmm... There should be a showcase on some of the events, like Tbird's Miner Mania and Moople's FireFloor (which I'm at as I'm typing this! :D) Events tend to be some of the most vibrant and active times in the community, so that's why I think they should be showcased :)
    607 likes this.
  7. I feel like limiting people's input to one entry per person could be detrimental to the quality of the article, did you consider that? :) It's cool that you're asking for input at all, though! Before reading the thread I thought you were asking us to write a review, but if you're doing the writing, it's all good. :D

I have something in mind for a consideration, but I'm not sure if I should post it now, as I might think of something better... :rolleyes: (I was going to suggest vaults, but then I remembered that since an update to Minecraft they aren't as nice anymore)