Pleased to meet you! 宜しく!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bpskotch, Mar 16, 2017.

1. (Forum mods, if using other languages is against the rules, please let me know. I didn't see anything against it, and do not want to be a rule breaker! XD Some servers get touchy about this kinda stuff so...)

Hi everyone,

I'm bpskotch. I'm a bit of a redstone nut, and love to dream big in creating buildings in minecraft. I also enjoy studying the Japanese language xD. I came to this server in hopes I could make some new friends who share the same dreams that I do. I don't always have a lot of time (the joys of parenthood!), but I still like to work hard on Minecraft when I have the time!

If you want to meet in game, just send me a message! It's nice to meet you all!

Server: SMP1

みんなさん、こんにちは!
    私はbpskotch です。マインクラフトの趣味はレッドストンのことを作って好きです。建物の作りを大きい夢想しても好きです。日本語の勉強も好きです。笑
    新しい友達に会いにこのサーバまで来ました。時々十分な暇がないでも時間があったら、よくマインクラフトで働いて好きです。(親です!笑)

私に会ってほしかったら、マインクラフトでメッセージをお送りしてください! 宜しくお願いします!

サーバ: SMP1
  2. Heyhey- welcome to EMC! I hope you have a wonderful time here :D
    If you have any questions- feel free to ask around. You can also visit the Empire Wiki for information!
    Have a good one!
    cTJ
    Equinox_Boss and bpskotch like this.
  3. Thank you so much!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Welcome to the Empire. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of redstone madness you can create here.
    607, Equinox_Boss and bpskotch like this.
  5. welcome 2 the server ^.^
  6. It's nice to be able to do redstone stuff again. My last server pretty much wouldn't let you do it.
    Also, "madness" is in the eye of the beholder :)

Thank you!
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  7. Ohayo gozaimasu :p

Generally speaking you should stick to English only, that's to make sure we can all understand what you're saying. This goes specifically for public stuff (in-game (town/eco) chat and the forums). However, you'll find that EMC is a very relaxed server where the staff tries to think about the welfare of the players (and fair game in general) first and the rest comes later. In other words: a little goofing now and then won't get you into trouble right away, as long as you don't overdo it and keep respecting the rules.

Just to avoid confusing: I'm obviously not saying that we can do whatever we like and disregard the rules as we please. EMC staff is very friendly, but they're also firm when they have to ;)

Also important... The server may seem a bit slow right now, that's because of the time. It is a US server which means that most players are on around prime time within the US timezone. So around the evening 'EMC time' which is equal to the EST timezone (see the events page for the current EMC time).

But that doesn't mean that there's nothing to do around here :)

Redstone eh? You'll be happy to know that building redstone contraptions and farms is no problem here. As long as it doesn't negatively affects the server.

Better yet, you can also easily build 'm in the wild (Frontier (building world) or Waste (mining world)) and thanks to the (somewhat) recently introduced anti grief system (aka block protection) you don't have to worry too much about griefing. If you're going to do "outside town building" then I suggest to check out that link, it can seriously help you protect your buildings. And it'll work "a little bit" different from the already existing schemes around (WorldGuard / GriefPrevention / etc.).

SO yeah... SMP1 is a nice server to play on, some good friends of mine play there. I sporadically visit myself, always fun.

Hope you'll enjoy and be sure to ask if you got questions or issues!
  8. @ShelLuser (i think using reply will just clutter up the forum xD)

うん!おはようございます!
    Un! Ohayou gozaimasu!

Thanks for the detailed and well thought out information! You will find I don't overdo it with japanese. I just like throwing it out there so I could potentially meet others who also speak it. It's a fun language (In my opinion) so having more connections that can use it will be fun :)

Also, I'm on EST as well so there's no problem there. How about that blizzard eh? >.>

Yeah I read up on all the block protection information, and I like how it works. For now I only have two small redstone setups, one with a smelter array and another with the starts of my rail system in the Nether Frontier SW area. Just things for convenience :)

I've met two nice people on SMP1 already; Snappes27 and MaglorYavetil. Both have been fun and informative. Hope to meet more!
    ShelLuser, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  9. Welcome to EMC! And we welcome all redstone builders big or small :D

But just to reiterate what Shel said, we do typically try to stick to English on the forums and in-game, just so there is equal understanding throughout all of the community.

But I find it awesome that you are taking a step to learn it. I feel like if I learned Japanese I wouldn't have to worry about English subbed animes :p

Anywho, once again welcome! If you have any questions feel free to find me in game or message me on the forums :D
    Equinox_Boss, ShelLuser and bpskotch like this.
  10. Welcome to EMC! If you have any other questions just ask :)
  11. Hehe, even after over a year of study, I still can't really completely understand what they're saying in anime. Still have a lot to learn ^^'

But yeah, don't worry, English will be my main way of communication. In public area, I will always have equivalent english alongside the Japanese if i use it. Japanese-only will be reserved for private discussions only.

But thank you!

Thank you so much!
  12. Welcome! I'm excited to get to know you more. You seem really fun to talk to! :)
  13. I try to be ^^' Send me a message anytime!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Hey there bpskotch! Welcome to EMC, if you are ever on SMP9 drop me a line. I'm usually willing to help =)
  15. Thanks I appreciate it!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Welcome to the Empire bpskotch. SMP1 is my home server so I'll bump into you soon.....

Happy mining :)
  17. I know I've seen your name around haha. I'm sure we'll cross roads too!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. Welcome bpskotch! I've already seen you on smp1 a lot! I'll stop by your res! :)
    bpskotch and ShelLuser like this.
  19. Welcome to the Empire minecraft fello-smp1'er ( a little "paradox" here, I am welcoming someone as a smp'er even though if I would actually welcome someone (at the moment they arive) that person doesn't know if he/she is an smp1'er yes or no, so you don't know if I'm actually welcoming...)

I like to see more redstoners around, if you want to share what you did, we have got a very special redstone thread: https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-redstone-thread.67833/
    (I am not sharing this becuase it was created by me, no, absolutely not)
    I also you said you like to do big builds, well, be here for a little longer and think about if what you did really is big, really, there are some insane people here :)
    607, Equinox_Boss and bpskotch like this.

20. Yup yup your name is familiar too! Please do :)

Well yeah I've actually had a start on here for a couple days. I just haven't introduced myself yet xD
    Redstone thread eh? I'll have to check it out. Although I doubt my builds are really worthy of being put in a thread haha. I'll still check it out! Thanks!