Play Steam, Make Money

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by autumnrain26, May 20, 2013.

1. So it has come to my attention that Steam has introduced a "marketplace" in where you can sell certain things for actual factual cash to fill up your steam wallet to buy more stuff via steam.. xD ..I "made" $0.30 selling a couple of my gift copies of the beta steam TCG invite earlier.. At the moment, all that they have are the boxes from TF2 and DOTA2, DOTA2, and a few other random things as well as all of the Trading Cards from this new beta.. Some of which are selling for $20+ "foil".. o,o' ..At the moment though, only a few games are supported.. TF2, DOTA2, CS: GO, Don't Starve, HL2 and Portal 2. By supported, I mean by dropping the Trading Cards.. This has seriously made me reinstall TF2, although I haven't really enjoyed it, because I get way more confused playing DOTA2 than I ever did playing LoL and I unfortunately don't own any of the other games.. :( ..I am wondering if the Market Beta is part of the TCG beta though.. <,<
    Untitled.png
  2. D3 meets Steam? >.>
    Equinox_Boss and Jimbonothing64 like this.
  3. Yes I have used it to get a few teamfortress two hats for cheap...
    I like...
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  4. I thought that was longer here? I did that a few months ago.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. o,o'... Sooo I opened TF2 and had 7 items waiting for me.. Including the Black Rose that I [complained] about not getting for completing an achievement in another game.. I also was given several items for preordering Tomb Raider.
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  6. I didn't know about the marketplace until earlier when I was trying to level up my profile in the TCG beta.. xD ..I usually play games and don't pay attention to the steam client itself unless I see something is on sell or whatever..
    Equinox_Boss and marknaaijer like this.
  7. This has been around for quite a while although it has always been in beta... Still is... But yeah it is "sorta" a way of making money :D
    Might I ask what is TCG?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. This might be able to explain it better than I can.. xD
    http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. This seems like a good way to get some ground in trading does anyone have a spare invite for the cards?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. nvm I got my own access key (how much are regular pyro spy and solder cards worth?)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. I thought about using this system. My back-pack is worth several hundred dollars, and since this is reliable it's been extremely tempting, but I don't have a good enough computer to warrant so much money on my steam account haha.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Can you sell whole games there?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. The only game that is tradable on the system is DOTA 2, unfortunately.. :\
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Remember that Gold exploit less than a month ago?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. And that is the game i want to trade! :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  17. Soooooooo… you can sell parts of games/game addons?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. So i can sell my Dota2 copy for money?
  19. Anyone got an Invite?
  20. for the cards its not hard to get them (i got 4 1 for me but... because I couldnt remember my password now I have to wait 30 days to trade any "steam items") (i got my card beta access in like 6 hours)