Piwi Day 2019

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 607, May 26, 2019.

?

Did you know who Piwi is before seeing this thread?

Poll closed May 26, 2020.
Yes. 23 vote(s) 95.8%
No. 1 vote(s) 4.2%
  1. I was originally hoping to do a livestream, but due to unreliable internet and laptop issues, I've decided that it is too likely things will go wrong. Still, I liked the idea of seeing the reveal together. Then I remembered about YouTube's premiere function, which actually seems quite a good fit for this type of event!
    Thursday, at 2 PM EMC time, the result of the giveaway will premiere. :) The giveaway will still open to further entries until I start recording the video tomorrow (at which point I will post again to say it is closed).
  2. Happy Piwi day :) 19 if still available please
    607 likes this.
  3. Looks like my friend haastregt won't be able to join this year... I reminded him on May 23rd, but apparently he doesn't check EMC often anymore, or get e-mail alerts for pm's!
    Anyway, there are 2 spots left! :)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  4. I will do the giveaway now, to make sure the video gets rendered and uploaded in time! ... and because I am really looking forward to it. :D That means that no further entries will be possible.
    Edit: Heh, just noticed that Tom was on the list in the OP twice, once instead of LordKopecz. :p But I do this very securely: first I made the actual list of entries by going through all posts again, and then I checked it against the list in the OP. :)

Edit: This was my 22222nd post. :D
  5. Okay, that took more time than planned, but the video's pretty cool this time. :D (it doesn't feature commentary, though, that was nice too, last time!)
    jacob5089 likes this.
  6. Well, that's stupid... the video was rendered succesfully, although there is unfortunately a visual glitch that was likely caused by me having to render it on my old laptop. That's fine, though! However, I just found out that you can't premiere an unlisted video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    So... I considered making it public, but then people who have notifications turned on will get a notification from it, while it's only relevant to EMC players. :p I don't even feature Piwi on my YouTube channel...
    I could also simply schedule it, but then there won't be any live chat. So I think that this idea is sadly impossible! If I want a live reveal, I'll need to livestream it, next time. The downside of that though, is that I can't do cool video editing! ;)

So... here's the reveal!

Winner, please send me a pm! I'd send you one but then you'd have known you had won before watching the video. ;)
    (Feel free to congratulate them, but maybe put it in a spoiler tag, or wait until they have posted themselves ;))
    jacob5089, luckycordel and Lukas3226 like this.
  7. I stopped listening to the Gangplank Galleon Remix to get a big oof XD. Good job person! Congratulations!
    607 likes this.
  8. I don't get it, what was the oof? :p Should I have warned people that there was music in the video?
  9. The oof in question was the reality of who the winner was XD I would've never thought they would win lol
    607 likes this.
  10. I love this every year 607! Thanks so much! The animation is great.

Also congrats to the winner!
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  11. Omg thanks so much I like the vid also lemme send you a pm
    FadedMartian likes this.
  12. This is why I was oofed XD. This big nosed nuisance has cost me way too much
  13. Thank you. (I wanted to add in a Piwi emoticon but I haven't set them up on my new laptop yet, and my internet's unreliable at the moment so it is a pain to look it up... you can imagine it ;))
    When I was typing in the names I came across OP's entry and thought "It'd be cool if he wins!", actually. :) I was quite happy. :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  14. Lol we all dread that this day had come. Congrats OP.
    FadedMartian, luckycordel and 607 like this.