Pistons unable to break shulkers

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Ryko369, Feb 28, 2021.

1. I've noticed that pistons are unable to break shulkers on my res by pushing a block into them. I've looked around the wiki and forums to see what this is about and haven't found anything mentioning it.
    So as far as I know, it could be a bug. However. If it is not. please update the "changes from vanilla minecraft" page to mention this fact. This feature is actually quite important in certain types of shulker loaders and unloaders because it lets you place the piston further away so it doesn't get powered by the mechanism that reads the shulker.
    I have tried placing the shulker via redstone and in npmode as well as placing the block in npmode. however none of that works and the shulker just acts like an immovable object. However pistons are perfectly capable of breaking the shulker just by attempting to push them as well as pushing blocks by themselves just like normal.
    So basically,
    I'd just like this cleared up: Is this intentional or not? And can you please make sure to add this to the wiki if it is intended?
    Please and Thank you,
    Ryko369
    607 likes this.
  2. Just to add context. Mind you this post was made before the 1.16 update.
    607 likes this.
  3. Thanks sonic. I wonder if it's still the case.
    Also, I adapted a shulker loader that works for EMC with the current restrictions and doesn't fling the shulkers into the stratosphere. In case anybody needs one.
    607 and sonicol like this.
  4. I know the original post chickeneer was responding to was my own. It was fixed for awhile and I just did testing today and discovered that yet again shulkers are unable to be broken by pistons. I would assume it is like last time and after the update it became a bug again and has yet to be fixed.
  5. Does dispensing the shulker then breaking with a piston work?

I know that worked before the bug was fixed.
    607 likes this.
  6. No dispensing it and trying to break it with a piston no longer works. I have a shulker unloader that use to work and no longer works.
    607 and EquableHook like this.
  7. Thanks for the reply and this is unfortunate! Happy it will be getting fixed soon!
  8. I thought it was a feature to protect other players from being able steal player shulker box's?
  9. huh I'm not sure my shulker loader works just fine
  10. Wait, how do you know it's getting fixed soon?
  11. I just looked at mine and realized my Redstone broke because of the new updates and discovered that you can break them with pistons.
  12. Well yes, a piston can break a shulker box. But it can't by pushing a block or slab into to the box. Just by pushing the box by itself.
  13. The term soon can mean many things. Soon can mean 1 week 1 month 1 year. Soon in Aikar terms means well... soon. Soon in krysyy terms means jumping in the Tardis and just doing it. Where soon in chickeneer terms is the amount of eggs a chicken can lay in minecraft. Do I know when soon is? Nope.
  14. I know this never got a formal reply. But it is on my list to evaluate. I may forget to reply back here, but will be sure to include in any patch/update notes.