Overworld wither rose farm

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BlockHead_56, May 2, 2023.

1. One time I was goofing around and came across a obsidian cube with a wither trapped inside. It was a wither rose farm where you bred cows and they got pushed into the box by a water stream, slaughtered by the wither and another water stream pushed the resulting wither roses into some sort of collection system. At the time I thought I put in a waypoint in my minimap, but somehow it is gone. So, has anyone seen this interesting contraption and if you have, could you share which server it is on and how to get to it? I'm intrigued because it is the only time I've seen a wither in the overworld on EMC. It was so weird flying along and seeing the boss bar appear :D

Thanks,

BlockHead_56
  2. Ah, I'm sad that nobody has any info on this! I'm gonna have to spend the rest of my life aimlessly roaming the smp's looking for this ;)
  3. Maybe look over the SMP live maps?
    BlockHead_56 likes this.
  4. Sadly, I have not seen the one you are discussing nor do I recall hearing where it is.

That sounds pretty easy to replicate somewhere.
    Lemme think on it a bit.
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  5. Sadly the live maps did not reveal the location (yet). I suppose it is possible that it got dismantled. I wonder if chickeneer could (or would) let me know if there is a wither in the wild and if so which smp? Probably not something he has time for? But I'll ask...the worst that happens is that he says 'no' ;)

And Katy, it might be easy to replicate but playing with a wither in the overworld is not something I'm eager to do...a mistake can be costly! I know because I've had a few 'get away' in the nether and oooooo-boy, that is not fun! Managed to kill two when they got 'caught' in some protected blocks but I had to get assistance for a few others. At least in the overworld they might not burrow into lava like they do in the nether :D
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. I have no qualms playing with a Wither :D
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. I have not seen this but I'll look for it
    We3_MPO likes this.