Outposts, Claims, Banners, and Heraldry

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Bravo_Zulu, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Although we can "Claim" land in the frontier, not all land is claimed and I suspect nor will it ever be. Well, in my opinion, our presence in any territory should be clear to any would be passersby unless some form of veil is needed. With the protections we have in the Frontier now, we shouldn't be scared to come out into the light. I'm not saying to advertise where all your builds are, but I'm also not a fan of "Security through Obscurity" either. Let them know who claims the territory they're standing on so should any interaction/communication be needed the next step can be taken. Also, should vandalism be a thought, they'll know who their messing with.

To this end, I have created a banner to represent myself, in keeping with the color scheme of my skin. With this 'Main' Banner/Standard as a base-line, I have created a series of banners to also represent my claims. Not all ideas are completed yet, but my efforts are overlapping.

I use to place one of my heads at build sites and at the Claim locked chest locations, but now my main representation will be the relevant banner. I may also place a head there though.

Here is a pic of the series of Banners I have created. My Main Standard will represent my SMP7 Residence and any non-claimed territory in the Frontier and is without the colored patch in the upper quarter. Those colored quarter banners will represent my individual claims. The same design is used for each banner, but the for the Claim Banners I just changed the '1st pattern' of each for the colored quarter.

(I show the recipe for the banners to maybe drum up inspiration for others to get started on those banners they have only thought about making. :) )

NOTE: I used this site to create my banner design http://minecraft.tools/en/banner.php

-BZ