outpost help?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by RickyAndrea9, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ive always wanted to make an outpost, so im wondering if anyone wants to build one with me! im well aware i need to get it approved, but its needs to be made first. so if you want to help, just let me know either on this hread, in-game or PM!

(i know and read all the outpost rules)

so, please help :)
  2. No, I seriously advice you to sort out the establishment part first, and worry about the building later.

Here's the thing: what happens if you and your friends start building something really cool, and during the establishment check it turns out that you're too close to another outpost? Then you'll effectively have spend a lot of work on something which you might need to tear down again (worst case scenario). And well, if you have stuff build already it'll be even harder to move the whole thing around than if you're just starting.

Honest... Start by looking for a cool spot (far away from others) which you can call your own. Establish yourself. Once you got that out of the way you can then worry about gaining members. There's even another advantage: in the (hopefully) unlikely scenario where you may run into a disagreement with others about the building style or the way the outpost should be led you won't risk a deadlock. In the end you, as founder, will have the final say in things.

Of course... It's just my 2 cents here obviously. I'm not implying that it can't work the other way around, but I do think it'll be much easier on you :)

Good luck!
  3. ok ill look for a spot. should i use the nether to get there faster?
  4. You can but that involves digging tunnels for an hour... Or you can use an Elytra and fireworks and fly for like 30 minutes in any direction from the new nw,ne,se,sw... Outposts in the /wild....
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. idk how to use firework w/ elytra
  6. Personally, I go the nether tunnel route. If you get a good pick and some fire res potions, you can easily dig a long tunnel at y:5 in a relatively short time.
  7. I guess firework was the wrong term... Firerocket is better since there is no actual firework display. First craft the firerockets with paper and 3 stacks of gunpowder. This will give you plenty of elytra fuel for the journey. Also take some a stack or 2 of xp bottles so you can mend your elytra if it's enchanted with mending and unbreaking 3... I recommend enchanting them. Other wise you use them up like tissue paper... So now you've got your enchanted elytra on your back an inventory of ender chest with each slot full of shulker boxes full of everything you want to start your outpost with. Your firerockets in your right hand so you can right-click them to make you fly... Remember to double jump of a tall ledge...

I agree... I used the nether to tunnel my way to what became my outpost... However flying with your elytra allows you to see what biomes your flying over so when you find the right distance and the right biome your golden. Or you can keep making portals to the overworld and check that way.
  8. I agree with Shel, it is a crucial step to get your outpost approved first! A old friend built an amazing guardian farm with all you could ever need, but sadly he couldn't make an outpost of it due to it being to close to another players build.

Plus as Shel said it is helpful when people start arguing about how the outpost should work or something that YOU have the final say and make rules and guidelines as well.

I know it can be very exciting to find a spot for an outpost and you want to build right away, but sometimes a little bit of waiting can be the biggest reward. Once your established anyone that greifs you will be punished (all greifers will be punished in general but still)
  9. if i add to an outpost, does it need to be approved?
  10. No!! Once your outpost is approved for establishment. You can build out as much as you want.. Until your start to get close to another outpost.. Then you need that outposts permission to get closer. WAIT!!! Hold up .... If you travel out far enough... Into the darkest areas of the map... Then it is you who will be sought for permission for others will come knocking near..... Be warned !!! First to settle wins the land...
    ShelLuser and ChespinLover77 like this.
  11. ah ok thnx :)
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  12. Once you make a valid outpost the area within 1500 blocks of your locked chest is automatically yours, if you were to venture out further than that and finding another awesome spot to build something you would then create another claim using the same method as before
    ShelLuser and AncientTower like this.
  13. ok the one i did is only 500 blocks away
  14. Uh oh
  15. 500 from someone's outpost or EMCs? Cause you need to be at least 5k blocks from EMCs outposts and 1500 blocks from another players like Chespin said.

This distances are only for outposts that wants to become established.
  16. no no no the out post im part of, i built more 500 blocks away from the outpost im a member of FOR that outpost! pinesaw city to be exact
  17. So it's an extended outpost?
  18. Then you get the written permission of the other outpost owner first.