Otus the Music Snob's "Song's of the day"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 2, 2018.

1. I have seen a bit of this kind of stuff going around, and I really liked it. All credit goes to We3_MPO and Theshyguygamer1.

I will be posting my "favourite" songs "OF" the day and give a bit of info on why I like it so much....

Please suggest some songs on Otus the Music Snob song reviews please.
    Sydney4363 and We3_MPO like this.
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgDU17xqNXo
    The Joker - Steve Miller band

Such a catchy song! This song has a really outgoing bass line, especially at the intro. The melody in this song is outstanding, relaxed, catchy and funny. Pretty great guitar work as well, some of the acoustic parts match well with the bass at a few parts in this song. Little humour sound affects here and there, overall this song gives a really relaxed and tropicalish feel (for some reason) it's just so relaxing, calm and easy to listen to.
    Sydney4363 likes this.

3. Hot Blooded - Foreigner

Such a classic, very catchy and has a great hook.
    Sydney4363 likes this.

4. [warning: explicit language]

One of the coolest into riffs I have heard, along with a blobby bass. The intro solo is really great, short but sweet. This whole song just has a great combination of riffs and solos, everything about this song is great! It's incredibly catchy as well. Truly a classic, a slow and rhythmic bassline and drums along with the badass riffs and solos that Ted came up with, i'm glad it's 8 minutes long because this song itself is long enough to satisfy me for one day.

5. Been getting KISS fever lately, and this song sure doesn't help! Such a classic, and such a great song from their debut album. This song has a really catchy chorus and melody, along with AMAZING drum work by Chris. The bassline in this song was really great as well, with Gene's lead vocals it made it even better. Paul and Ace both set a great rhythm in the guitar section, and ace totally killed that solo! Overall catchy, great chorus and pure Rock n Roll!

6. One of the greatest intros EVER, and one of the best riffs to ever grace any guitar, ladies and gentlemen, a band no one should ever hate, Led Zeppelin.
    Page's solo just rips everything in it's path. Not only does Jimmy maintain a zipping lead, he does what made him one of the greatest guitarists ever, the ability to make his guitar literally SPEAK. You have to hear it yourself to believe it, the way he makes the guitar sound like a living object totally changed the way music would ever be listened to again. He also does this quite a bit in a lot of other songs, but especially in Shook Me and Dazed and Confused. After Jimmy totally rips up that solo like a god, we must not ignore Bonham's performance.
    Nobody can come close to Bonhom, his timing and his steady drumming is what made Led Zeppelin, well, Led Zeppelin. Without his ability to play along with Jimmy and structure his guitar playing, and his ability to add a lightning fast and steady rhythm (particularly in immigrant song with his triplets and key playing which matches the main riff) Zeppelin would be hopeless.
    Lets not forget John Paul Jones. I notice a lot in music the bassist is hidden, but Led Zeppelin shot that stereotype right in the head, and made it so you could only listen to one instrument throughout the song and nothing would interfere. It worked, and Paul's wicked groove and punchy bass
    line gave that presence in the song. You don't know it's there, but it's there. Something most wont understand. Robert of course killed it with that godlike voice of his. I want to say more, but nothing can describe his voice. You have to listen to it yourself, then you will know why he is the best rock singer in history, with his voice, you can't go off of another person's interpretation of it, you HAVE to interpret it for yourself.
  7. I forgot yesterday's

Lets just all take a moment to appreciate that opening riff. Holy crap, words can't describe how great that was. The 'riffage' in this song is super bloody and fast, if you're looking for the definition of thrash, just listen to that and you'll get the memo. At 1:14 it opens up into a solo, which I enjoy a lot, it's killer fast and escalates and progresses a lot. The bass line in this song is super explosive, at times in the songs it seems to almost pop. That bass solo at the last verse, wow. You have to listen to it to understand how amazing that was. The drums in this song are absolutely fantastic as well, such a steady and killer beat, loud and proud. Those drum fills though, that's what gives this song the sheer attitude and groove it has. Just listen to the outro and how it almost sounds like explosions going off, same feeling at 2:09. This whole song is one of my favourites of this track, just pure rhythm and great riffs, such a badass song.

Yes, I did copy and paste my review from The Music snob thread, but who cares

8. Liar - Queen

Great intro, love the drumbeat and that intro by the Red Special.
    i'm too lazy to write a proper review, but this song has a great chorus and it's very catchy. I love brain may aswell

9. Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy

A blues classic, pretty heavy for a blues song actually now that I look at it. Lots of rhythm, and a GREAT riff, the first blues riff I picked up on. The drums in this song are so steady, and that guitar has such a soulfull tone.

10. I feel ashamed of hearing the Ben's commercial before I heard this song, and so when I heard it in my spotify daily mix I was shocked! It has such a catchy and cheery melody, bright guitar tone, and a damn catchy chorus. The drum fills are gorgeous as well as the bass, just an all around good song if you're feeling sad or looking for encouragement.

My favourite Metallica song, along with Master of Puppets and Seek & Destroy.

That opening riff is SUPER simple ( I know because I know this whole song on guitar) yet it sets a great tone. 1:50 is my favourite part of the opening riff, not only is it super fun to play, it's super heavy and badass, when I play it I develop so much energy, Lars Ulrich's drumming, Burton's fricken bass and myself... Pure energy, great energy. James performance on this was great, he conveyed so much darkness and total badassery.

Okay sorry, all I want to say is that the whole guitar part of the song is incredibly fun to play. It's simple, heavy and makes you sound like you have been playing for years. That solo aint that difficult either...

Sorry this review was so trash lol
  11. Does anyone actually read this daily?

12. This damn song has been stuck in my head all day. Such a great opening riff, very heavy, very thrash. Steve Souza is my second favourite vocalist beside Dave Mustaine, his vocals are super thrashy and wailey. Such a great meaning behind this song as well, it's all about moshing, the best sport in the world. Everything about this song is great, the solo, the riff, that chorus which gets stuck in my head, Steve Souza's voice, and basically every part of this song.

13. This song is full of strange emotions I cannot comprehend. It's not sad, yet it gives off such a punchy feel, it's just so explainable and full of emotion. The melodies are so complex and give off overwhelming amounts of greatness. Everything about this song conveys explainable emotion and feeling, the guitar solo, the riff, the drums, the bass, everything comes together in harmony and punches you with good feeling. You have to listen to Dio's voice in this to truly understand how much of an impact he was and how much emotion and fullness he gave.
    Sydney4363 likes this.

14. I already explained why this was good in Otus the Music Snob, but you gotta admit, this is pure Rock N Roll! Death to Alt Rock!!!!!
  15. No one ever reads this crap anyway, so im not giving any more explanations to why the song is so good, it just is.

16. If any UK folk even read this, what do you think of this song?

17. Most underrated Led Zeppelin song, but the best of Bonham's ability

18. This song is just so heavy, on pink floyd's standards atleast