Otus the Music Snob - Series Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Otus_NigRum, May 21, 2018.

1. 'Death Grips Is Online' by Death Grips.

'Love It If We Made It' by The 1975.

'Redbone' by Childish Gambino.

'Black Paint' by Death Grips.

'Forever & Ever More' by Nothing But Thieves.

'Jumpsuit' by Twenty One Pilots.

'Headlights on the Parade' by The Blue Nile.

'Four Out of Five' by Arctic Monkeys.

Is this enough for you?
  2. i'm half tempted to post a meme song just to get your reaction but i'll play nice and not unless you want to die inside like i did

has Walk This Way by Aerosmith been done yet?
  3. WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    WALK THIS WAY
    JUST GIMME A KISS
  4. So people actually want this thread back in action eh?
    AltPunisher likes this.
  5. believe me, i'd post more if my favorite music genre was rock (since i grew up on it), but sadly it isn't
  6. It can be :)
  7. nah, future bass stole my heart a long time ago. Rock is still up there though :)
  8. yeah and its even been a week hit us with those reviews so we can like and suggest more pls
  9. we demand answers!
  10. Petition for Otus to restart the Music Snob series.
    ArkonXT likes this.
  11. Geez, okay guys! Let me find some free time lol
  12. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUz48xw_OiM
    Scenes From An Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel
    Suggested by: Sydney4363

Absolutely beautiful and calming piano intro, it seems to bring me into a peaceful church environment for whatever reason...

The accordions, although subtle, bring out the classic Italian/French feel, very nostalgic.

At around 1:00 the song starts to progress much further by simply exploding into a heartful Saxophone solo. What really kicks it into motion and expresses its awesomeness is that drum. Simple, steady, and powerful.

After the Sax solo, the song pumps right into the juicy stuff. That piano riff that plays throughout is really fitting, and all the windpipe instruments spiraling around give it the perfect mood.
    Seriously though, those Piano riffs are super fitting and put you right into action, I love that.

What makes this song great is how it progresses through each section and how it seems to flow right through. Throughout the song you have your extravagant expressive moments, and then you have your more so calm, yet heartfelt moments, it just perfectly flows and goes well together. What I enjoy also is the drum break almost every time the song gets stronger, super powerful. I also want to mention, that drum beat is a key foundation to the song, without it you drastically experience different moods.

All the instruments work perfectly together to form a perfect image. The aggressive piano, the subtle yet warming bass, the blaring saxophone full of soul, the rock hard drums, and all the other instruments I forgot about give the listener a punch in the face, a good one mind you...

Billy Idol doesn't cease to amaze me, his voice in this song brought so much emotion and ultimate power, he's one of the only ones who could ever sing on this song, I don't think anyone could do it as well as him.

Lyrics themselves are very poetic and paint a picture of the height of romance and a falling relationship. It's somewhat thought provoking and gives a love story which miraculously isn't boring with the way it's delivered.

Total grade: "+"
    Sydney4363 and AltPunisher like this.
  13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTOS1otEuk
    Black Flame - Bury Tomorrow
    Suggested by: ShyguytheGamer1

[Vocals]
    Impressive vocal technique, I enjoy his melodic parts during the intro, and I enjoy his aggressive metal screams and how he pushes it into emotion. Not really a fan of metal screaming, although I can tolerate some vocalists.. I can sort of tolerate him, but it's a grey area. Not saying he's bad though, that guy has a ton of talent on his back.

[Rhythm Guitar]
    To be honest, I don't really think the chug picking matches very well with the vocalists melodic parts, but it's still music, right? Anyway, I really enjoy the steady down picking throughout the song, gives a steady flow. I love that main riff though!

[Lead Guitar]
    I absolutely love the lead guitar harmonics throughout the song, it really expresses a strange fluttery emotion and makes the song appear to somewhat "stand above mountains," is the best way I can describe it. It matches with the melody very well. That solo was okay, I feel like it could of been a bit longer, but it's simply a good solo nonetheless, lots of emotion and expression, doesn't sound very technical or hard to play, BUT, it still pushes a great feeling and that's whats important.

[Drums]
    Those drums are punchy and steady, and push a ton of expressive power at some parts throughout the song, but at other parts it doesn't seem to do much with simple cymbal hits. Although, I do love those drum fills and I think the drums put a lot of structure and push in the song. I love that double bass drum though.

[Grade]
    Overall, the song itself is good, but I don't really like the repetitive melodies throughout the song, although not terrible, I am just not a big fan of the song structure. So yeah, the only real complaint I have is that the melodies seem to not belong at some parts and the song seems to be slightly repetitive, although in my defense, I never got into Core, as you can tell, and so I'm not really the best on giving a thoughtful opinion.

Total grade: "="
    AltPunisher likes this.
  14. You got the direct link already, why not just take the time to write [img]. :confused:
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. I fixed this from my phone. :p
  16. stop calling me out guys I'm not smart enough to grasp the complex topic of forum codes, i only know how to breathe
  17. you could say we...punished you?

Anyway, when did this thread turn into fixing codes and stuff? LET'S GET TO THE MUSIC! Speaking of, where is Otus?