Otus Roads Inc. Our Roads and What We Do to Help You! (GALLERY)

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Otus_NigRum, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Introduction
    This thread is dedicated to the construction of Otus Roads Inc. This new company that is currently only run by me, was created after I sparked a strange interests in roads which lead me to eventually founding this company. (Which, fun fact, was first under the name 'Rum Roads' until I changed it after I realized it would be highly misunderstood, aha). Otus Roads Inc. focuses mainly on the construction of roads in the nether, wastelands, and wild, to benefit the community, and to benefit the image of this dedicated company. Otus Roads Inc. has constructed roads for events such as the "Big Dig" and "Miner Mania." It doesn't end there though, roads have also been constructed in the wastes to provide excellent transportation to key locations, and as an access point to many regions of our great land.

Currently, Otus Roads Inc. is not looking to hire new members, (*AT THIS MOMENT; THIS WILL CHANGE!) as a new company currently developing its style and currently finding it's place in EMC, it would be a radical change to immediately introduce new workers into the system. This statement will not stay true for long though, as in the very near future I hope that I can strengthen this company with the addition of other players at work, helping to benefit EMC for the greater good. If you are very excited about my current projects though, and INSIST on joining this company at this very moment, you can PM me about it, but since it would be such a dramatic change, I need the most dedication, skill, loyalty, and passion that I can get in a player.

What about donations? We are currently not asking for donations, but, we will not be going against your will, and we will gladly accept any donations that you can offer. PM me for further details. What are we looking for specifically though? Nothing at the moment, but large bulks of specific items such as stone brick, smooth stone, cobble stone, and possibly special road blocks such as wood would be accepted if donated with. You are not expected to donate, but if you insist on it, you are welcome to, and we will proudly thank you.

What's are our current Projects? Currently, we are constructing cobble/stone/stone brick roads throughout the wastelands which provide access to players to get to key locations. This not only counts for smp2 but possibly other servers as well...

Want a road constructed? Sure! We construct roads for events, as we have already done so before, during the "Big Dig" and "Miner Mania." Both hosted by our lovely moderator, Saz. If you are in the process of making an event which is in the wild or frontier and needs a proper road to lead to it, I would be more than happy to construct it for a payment! Although at this moment payments are foggy, depending on the amount of work, we can easily negotiate it. Note, we are pretty cheap in terms of building most roads, so ask away! As for roads needed to be constructed to Frontier outposts, we also accept these deals, but we will not help you build roads that exceed a very long way. (Numbers at this moment are vague, but anything that would really take hours or days to complete, even for a simple 2 wide road will most likely be turned down, as of the current state of our very small company) Do note though, this rule is only in play as of now, as this company is just made up of myself and I do not have the amount of hands and time that would be needed for larger projects. Smaller roads, such as a 1-5k blocks long will be acceptable, but of course everything will need to be examined first. Depending on how big and how many materials would cost for the road, you may also need to fund the materials your self.

For any further details, PM me or ask me on this thread, as I am happy to explain more broadly.
    As for now if you really want to donate or join, send me a PM. Other than that, thank you, the rest of the gallery and information will be spread below V V V V

-Otus_NigRum of Otus Roads Inc.

__Devil_, We3_MPO and Big__Kev like this.
  2. I'm donating willingly.

3dcs of Stone will be located on my SMP2 res in the next 12 hours!
    We3_MPO and Otus_NigRum like this.
  3. Some of the Roads I built!
    Believe it or not, the ancient roman roads are actually what got me back into minecraft, and were the main cause of me discovering EMC, so I would have to commemorate them!

It all started about 55 days ago. At that moment in the week I had a huge rush of motivation after I read up about Ancient Roman roads, and I thought to myself, wouldn't that be neat to have on minecraft? Thus, with fond memories of the old towny server I used to play on, I took to the search bar with the words 'Minecraft Towny Server IPs.' This, would lead to the discovery of EMC, a discovery that I do not regret with the smallest bit of my heart.

It was probably my first hour on the server, and I was instantly focused on constructing a road. Not knowing where, I went to the wastelands and started digging out a road, (Which only lasted about 30 blocks until I was attacked by a momo). At this point, I got to meet some wonderful people, such as, SUPERI0N, Shelluser, and some other person who killed my momo for me... I forget their user tag but all I can think of is poofasaurus...

Anyway, after failing miserably at constructing a road, I took my time on exploring more about EMC and how it worked out. A few days later, I went to the wastes and immediately started constructing a road, which only made it a hundred blocks or so until it ended up to a birch forest, and then I quit :p
    If I can remember though, I do believe SUPERI0N used his alt to check out my road, we got to know each other, he gave me some diamond shovels, (which I still have!) and we became friends!

Fast forward a few days later, I actually ventured down the large road in South Frontier on Smp2 which was constructed by SUPERI0N, his father, KnightZer0ne, and another fellow, who I believe is named TrailBlazer. This road eventually lead me to finding the current spot for my nordic village, which I constructed by first private road for!

This road is just a pure nature walk! My first personal road that I constructed, it leads through a jungle which enters into the Taiga that Skogrsfell currently stands. This is the second road (after KnightZer0ne's road) that you will confront on your journey to my base.

After you take a beautiful nature walk through you jungle, you cross a chilly river and venture forth into a very cold climate, possibly full of Nordic trolls, witches, gouls, elves, and dwarfs, all of the monsters you would hear in a mystical legend!

An overviews of the two very different climates clashing together, in what seems as a battle between the Witch Doctors and the Vikings!

More of the Gallery down forth V V V
  4. Thank you brother, I highly appreciate it :)
    We3_MPO, belac555 and Big__Kev like this.
  5. Yes, of course I was going to construct another road! This time, this road lead right through from the Wastelands Central Spawn, all the way to the end stronghold, found by poof herself.

(This is the live map view, kind of hard to see, but it goes pretty long at about 2k blocks)

Constructed with the sole purpose to give players a very easy access to the stronghold and end portal, this road took a few hours, as I had to construct it and also stop to gather more cobble. If you would like to use this road, it is located on /Wastelands Central on Smp2. For everyone who has already used this road, thank you so much. I have already witnessed two other players use this while I was on, and I have seen many dirt and stone pillars all around the road, clearly pointing out the evidence of a player attempting to reach and use my road to get back to spawn. Again, thank you everyone for using this road, I really appreciate it, and you don't know how good it feels to have worked so hard on something and have a part of the community use it and appreciate it.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. Otus, I love you - Another great thread mah friend
    We3_MPO, Otus_NigRum and FadedMartian like this.
  7. <3
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. I love the Jungle scenery in post #3 (fun fact, one of my four favorite Minecraft biomes! The others are Savanna, Desert, and Mesa/Badlands)!

Also, this is a very nice thing for you to do and such. We also have a road system at the MPO (most of which I built, but not all, and certainly not without help), which is also huge, but it's way more improved and doubled on by a rail system. :)
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  9. Actually, I was planning on making this thread for a while, but I made it sooner when I saw your MPO thread so I could give proof of my skills
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. Awesome!
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  11. *discreet applause*
    bravo! You're a nice guy and this is an worthy endeavour. Keep up the work and if you need anything, you can ask, I might be able to help.
    We3_MPO and Otus_NigRum like this.
  12. Roads look awesome! If you ever need some iron, don't hesitate to ask. I'd be happy to send some your way. Keep up the good work :)
    Eviltoade, We3_MPO and Otus_NigRum like this.