Origin storys - Where did you get your user name ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JNightwind, Mar 26, 2020.

1. I have seen some unique user names before and always wondered how some people picked their names.

So here's your chance to tell your origin story.

The rules for this thread are as follows:

1. Please try to keep your stories short & to the point, we don't need a novel just how you picked your name.

2. Don't be rude to others. This one is pretty common sense.

3. Please keep your stories family friendly

That's it, I look forward to hearing all your Origin Stories.
    naMrorriM, MoreMoople and Elaeriic like this.
  2. So,I'll go 1st

My user name was given to me at random in an old MMORPG (gone now). The full name was Jarco Nightwind, he was a pirate wizard. I liked the charater so much I started using the name for all my games. But when Minecraft came around I couldn't use the full name in so I shortened it to just JNightwind. So that's where my name comes from.
    NuclearBobomb and MoreMoople like this.
  3. My original user name was Doggie45 because I made my account when I was 13 was obsessed with dogs at the time. The wither is my favorite mob in the game so the two came together and became WitherDoggie.
  4. Vampire Diaries, my favorite character was (still is) Alaric Saltzman. I just switched it a bit :)
  5. Club penguin recommended it and now here we are :)
    Sachrock likes this.
  6. My first ever username for a game used my first name and middle initial, followed by 002. I still use that occasionally, but for over 10 years now I have used a name that I call my cat, Orlando.
    I got him when I was only three years old, and he was a kitten. For some reason I started calling him "Moremoo" and the name just stuck! Over time it has taken on a few variations, from Moremoople to MoreMoople, and sometimes even Moople_Syrup. :)

Despite how frequently I am referred to as "Moople" the root of my username is actually "Moremoo" :D
  7. Do you watch Legacies ?
    Elaeriic likes this.
  8. Yep! Currently on the most recent episode
    AncientTower likes this.
  9. I got my username a way, waaaayyy back, when people started to use ICQ for chatting (you could see in REAL time when the other was typing on the chat window :D) and was given by a friend. It has a slang word for bear in my native language, bisse and last 2 letters from my last name, la. And for the reason to give that name to me was that at the time I liked bear. And still do like bear, especially darker bears. :cool:
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. Super outdated version: click
    Still outdated but less so version: click
    I've had a few other names since then, but the "Still outdated but less so version" goes over the vast majority of them.
    My primary past names were Sydney4363, K9J, and CinemaSins (all explained in that post)

I've had way too many names lol
    Elaeriic and MoreMoople like this.

11. TVD, Originals, and Legacies are all great shows. Really wish Hope would live up to her potential as a tribrid. Seems like she only utilizes 2 bloodlines- she needs to awaken the third (havent seen the most recent episode though so im a bit behind!).

~~~~~~~~~
    My name came from Xbox's random name generator when I needed a gamertag to play. I wanted the name headshotkilla4 as that was my ps3 name but my mom thought that was too violent even though the game I was playing was Call of Duty... :rolleyes:. Anyways- when it came time to buy Minecraft, I kept the name :).
    Elaeriic and MoreMoople like this.
  12. So if you want my info on my pirate wizard AmusedStew, it was an old MMORPG (can't remember the name because this was back in the late 1990's) But from what I remember wizard was my class. But I was able to buy a boat and I became a pirate after finding I could raid other people.
    AmusedStew likes this.
  13. had bird. bird green. bird name Lucky.
  14. I have explained Sadie_dog and I *think* HopeWarrior before.

My current name comes from Sadie_dog being taken as I couldn't change the account name before I lost the account, and I got tired of everyone calling the new account "Warrior." My friends suggested to go with my draconian nature, and my love of dragons. _Dragon was tagged on as well, keeping the idea of my beloved doggess (and my pen name) intact.

Draconian nature: My rage can be as a dragon, as can my concerned side. But I tend to be alright if undisturbed.
    I seriously love dragons.

Also- my discord tag is Dragon of Hope so you can recognize it by both HopeWarrior and Sadie_Dragon.
  15. Bobombs from Super Mario Bros + Nuclear Weapons
  16. When I was 6, my dad got me Minecraft as a birthday present. He didn’t tell me beforehand (obviously) so he picked my name for me, so as to not ruin the surprise. He combined Sage (part of my IRL last name) with CREEPER (my favourite mob from the game) to get SageCREEPER. It stuck, obviously, and now I haven’t changed my username since!
    It stuck so well, in fact, that almost every username I’ve ever made features “Sage” in some capacity; my Discord, my Steam, my YouTube, my Imgur, etc etc etc etc. At this point, changing it is out of the question.

edit: I seem to have gotten my age wrong. I was older, I think. Maybe. I’ll check name.mc
    edit2: yeah I was 8 not 6. Which means I’ve had this account for 6 years now. Woop woop
    MoreMoople and wafflecoffee like this.
  17. I had to think of a username and I had to have "42" in it and I think I rather used a generator or I just thought of Koolaid and boom, username. :D
    MoreMoople likes this.
  18. The word captrix means huntress in Latin and I thought it looked better with a K.
    Sadie_Dragon and MoreMoople like this.
  19. The Linden is from Linden Avery a (female) character in Stephen Donaldson's The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I like plants and plant-based names. I didn't think about it being a unisex name and it seems more often used for male than female in the US? People often assume wrong gender in minecraft anyway, it doesn't bother me. The NZ is because I'm from New Zealand.

I much prefer it if people stick with a name and don't change it too much. I find it really hard to recognise or make the association if they change their name to something totally different. :S
  20. I like when people say "Oh haha I get it"
    Raaynn and 607 like this.