opinions you think others might not share

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bitemenow15, Mar 22, 2013.

1. That i started.....
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. This thread has died........
    (Edit) Or maybe not :eek:
    However, Yet again the urge for people to flame at each other over religion has prevailed.
    Religion arguments are like the Forums version of Griefers.
    -_-
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Well, in that case, we need to put money into research and development to figure out better and more efficient rehabilitation techniques. It's not fair people are incorrectly influenced and end up losing their livelihood, and it shouldn't be okay that just because we don't know how to rehabilitate them we just lock them up without giving them a proper chance.

You mentioned the cost and benefit of rehabilitation. This system is almost guaranteed to repay, each prisoner will work to repay for the loss caused by their crimes plus the resources used in rehabilitating them. The system works.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. From this statement, I'm going to make the assumption, given the info is not on your profile, that you reside in the United States... and every single time the US government bans something ridiculous, they are taking away people's freedom. Example: flavored cigarettes. A federal ban was placed on all non-menthol flavors a couple/few years back, and is still in effect. First there's the issue of freedom to do what you wish with your own body (the increased cost of health care due to smokers needing more care is supposed to be offset by the tax). Second, if they were indeed worried about people's health, why just the flavored ones? The claim was, they're targeted at kids. Why need every flavored-cigarette smoker need suffer due to popularity with children/teens when they shouldn't be able to get them in the first place? Not to mention, in my experience, all the people I knew who started smoking as a child/teen started smoking Kool or Newport... menthol cigarettes, which are not banned.

When it comes down to it, the ultimate freedom would be anarchy; obviously, this is not feasible, and I think few people would argue that anarchy would be a wise decision. I have a very libertarian view on things, that you should be able to make your own choices with your own body as long as it doesn't harm someone else; in doing those things, if you *do* harm someone else, you should be held responsible. No excuses, no pleas, no deals.

So yes, about that whole religion and freedom thing... granted, corralled is probably not the most appropriate way to put it, those people have the freedom to believe what they want, and to practice their faith. As far as taking God out of schools entirely, I personally don't agree with it, don't like it; however, I see the reasons for doing so, and it doesn't (or rather, shouldn't, for the truly faithful) change the people's beliefs themselves.
    Equinox_Boss and moyaboya like this.
  5. i disagree if the system works why are there more crimes annually per gdp? its been proven time and time again that prison is a gateway to more crime. harsher punishments for violent criminals would deter by "word of mouth" theory a larger majority of crimes
    ex: man im hungry but im not going to rob that mart at gun point cause the last guy who did that had his arms amputated and i like my arms! (obviously a satirical example but you get my meaning)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Bahahaha, I don't normally 'like' posts, just because, but that's just downright amusing XD
    Equinox_Boss and Xinn like this.
  7. Some monkeys didn't evolve.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Umm... Soldier?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Indeed.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Well when I get my hogwarts letter i will do this for you~~

11. I often think when people talk about overpopulation, who is it they want to depopulate first?
    Life is a gift. Even when it is abused.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and mba2012 like this.
  12. My friend said once nuclear disasters were good, and we tease the hell out of him a lot (he knows we're just joking.)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. opinions you think others might not share
    I dont think soul is that bad a fella, just a misguided youth. when he grows up a bit he will look back at all these posts (like many of us older folks did to our myspace) and go man why was I such a pogue lol
    seriously some of yall go to your old myspace or friendster account and look at the stupid things you said do it nao!
    now back to the original intent of this thread that isnt bashing a player
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. also another opinion i have that i dont know if people agree:
    i hate grammar police more then i hate grammar mistakes, and im not talking about someone correcting you W3n u TlK lieK Dis i mean like when trying to have a discussion and they correct there, their, and they're or your and you're. as an english major and an academic i can see how this may confuse you however english is one of the few languages in which text is based off speech thus, any variation of the word in a nonformal setting is appropriate. thats right folks, american english is a language of verse and not prose. so cut it out unless i am speaking in a consortium
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. I like everyone :D
    supereskimo, jtc0999, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  16. And everything. Like every post or comment or reply ever xD
  17. Yes. Yes you do. :D
    607, PandasEatRamen and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. And that :D
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  19. That's because Equinox is awesome :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. You too :p