Opinions on deleict policy

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aletrisrex, Oct 12, 2022.

1. We3_MPO likes this.
  2. common respect other's opinions
  3. That would be a scary thing in my current Situation.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. this would be extremely annoying as it force everyone to join every 10 day as some ppl may not have plenty of time to deal with too short deleict policy

yep. i did not like deleict policy as i stated in first post
    some server still kelpt their plot even they're long gone for a while and when they comeback, volia! their stuff is still there
    they may busy at their irl or they would like to try new stuff (like me) and they may have chance to comeback if they found sth has interesting in ads about old server

owww
  5. You think interesting ads might bring players back if they have been gone for awhile?

Why would that only work for players who have been here and why does the derelict policy need to hold onto your res for 1 year until you can remember to come back?

Either put your stuff in the vault, the enderchests , or a lock chest in the wild. Then your stuff will still be there for whoever you want it.

If you don't plan ahead, you get to start over.
    LunarEndergirl and We3_MPO like this.
  6. If they interested again they may comeback, as i saw this case in big h server. Some ppl comeback after decent time of inactive and that server still kelpt their stats

You're still think about emc is still biggest server, in your eyes. And the actual isn't. Of course, look outside emc, you will see everything has changed. Some younger server than emc before 2016 are much bigger than emc now, and those did not make total rennovate are either fell down, closed as well as gain almost new dedicated ppl.

(Notice that i cant bring some example because emc rules about mention other server)
    You think they would ignore their effort? no. (their stats/as well as progress they would not easy to ignore, i've seen some ppl in other server complaining about recovery stats when their acc was hacked and stats-wiped)

This would like slap into their face about contribute to emc server because derelct policy at intinal start

Think about you're new player, without any knowledge, and you just joined the town. You have nothing knowledge about this server, and first thing you did is contribute to server. You're free to build anything widith emc rules,
    and if u decided to leave. you cant because deleict policy shown up.
    607 likes this.
  7. I would like to participate in the discussion, but I really can't parse op's posts.

By what I understood in the replies:
    - I do not see a need to make the protection longer, 30 days with login is quite a bit
    - the 7 days with voting gives a bit of margin on top of that
    - permanent protection vouchers are relatively easy to get. I managed to get one with just a few months of participation on the server, and I am not the most active player

I really don't see what's "cringe" here
  8. If you want to keep your stuff, vault it with/vaults. Then keep up with voting or buy a permanent deleict voucher. Or contact staff for special protection situations.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. I've personally never worried about my own derelict status either (although maybe unrightfully so, as I was derelict at least once). But it is sad to lose other people's residences. At the same time... it doesn't make much sense to keep them around if the people that made them aren't around anymore, I think. Although we do do that in the Frontier... However, one difference is that in town sometimes people would like to have specific residence locations, or specific residence numbers... and it is annoying if those are clogged up by people who don't care about them anymore. Of course it would be an option to stop the system from freeing up residences, and still allow claims of derelict residences...
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. I was very sad to see my friend's res on both smp7 and utopia get derelict reset. Guess that's what you get for not being on for 3000 days.
    BreezyMan, 607 and We3_MPO like this.