One trillion Minecraft views on YouTube

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Dec 20, 2021.

?

How many views on Minecraft videos do you reckon were from you?

0-9 2 vote(s) 12.5%
10-99 3 vote(s) 18.8%
100-999 3 vote(s) 18.8%
1000-9999 7 vote(s) 43.8%
10,000-99,999 1 vote(s) 6.3%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

It came to my attention that there are one trillion views on Minecraft videos on YouTube. That is a lot!!! :eek:
    YouTube did a cool article on it, which you can read here. They also did other articles, which I thought were also written for the occasion, and I was intending on reading all of them, but I see now that they were written earlier this year. They might still be a good read, though, find them all here. :)

I found it interesting that the further I scroll down in the most popular channels overview, the less channels I recognise. For 2021, there are only a couple of channels that I recognise, and none of them are in the top 5.
    I guess it makes sense for two reasons: firstly, in the earlier years almost all of the top channels were English, and now a lot of them are Russian or Portuguese (or yet other languages), and I'm not interested in these as I don't know the language. Moreover, however, I never search for Minecraft videos or look at what's trending: I just watch content from the content creators I know, and from the people that they play with. I am still watching EthosLab, who was last in the top 50 in 2014.
    I do sometimes wonder what all those channels that are popular now (and they are much more popular than the older channels ever were!) are like. It is interesting that none of the channels that was popular in the early years are among the top 50 now (or did I miss any?).

Anyway, enjoy!
    Nickblockmaster and UltiPig like this.
  2. I have more than 6.7k views and a little less than 10k views for my MC videos.

...But I don't think they counted because Minecraft wasn't tagged in them.

This is a pretty good one, I think. lol

Nickblockmaster and weeh like this.
  3. I was wondering about that also, but I checked on four randomly selected videos among my ten random videos, and three of them were marked as Minecraft. I also figure that more recent videos (as in in the past 5 years or so) are less likely to have been missed, and since then Minecraft views have increased enormously, as you can see.
  4. I feel like lots of people that would be interested in the news and article haven't seen it yet, so here's a bump! :)
    Nickblockmaster likes this.