Old Shopworld

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rain90009, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Sooooooo, anyone remember the old Shopworld? I managed to get there today - no, I did not hack! Boy do I miss that place. Anyone know if we are going to bring it back or is it forever in the EMC history books?
    OriginalScuf, Star09 and Tuqueque like this.
  2. forever in history books I believe
    OriginalScuf and chickeneer like this.
  3. We have no plans to return the Empire Shop which sells normal items. There is always the possibility we will expand into special or exclusive items. But that is not in the works (or even planned)
    OriginalScuf likes this.
  4. *sigh*

Thats just... Sad...
  5. How come it's sad? It was ridiculously over priced. It's purpose was to stimulate the economy... Not act as a main source for materials.. Now that architecture is just drop-dead amazing.
    OriginalScuf likes this.
  6. Yeah, I'm more thinking about the design than the items. The Pyramids and Sphinx were so much better than what we have now.
    OriginalScuf and FadedMartian0 like this.
  7. Well, technically they're still there. I mean... You obviously found the hidden entrance to the old shop (pyramid). There are actually 3 ways to find cool stuff in shopworld.

The first is the entrance ('grave') to the old shop. It's pretty cool to be able and walk around in there.
    The second is a temple dedicated to EMC and several of its senior staff, it's also kinda nice.

And last, but I never found that, is the option to escape the shop world into the wild through the barrier blocks. I'm not sure but I assume that there's some kind of parkour somewhere. But that's an assumption.

Also: if you bring chorus fruit then it'll be very easy to glitch through the old shop walls which allows you to look around the area. And I really suggest that you do because it's pretty awesome. This way you can even get into the (now crashed) flying saucer.

Heck, I once set out with a couple of friends to investigate and wrote a whole rant about it here (there are more revealing posts further in the thread) ;)

I agree with you about the old shop, but I also think EMC staff did a really cool job on keeping everything accessible. Heck, they even turned it into a cool mini-exploration mission :)