[Official] Train Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CaptainFoxy_, Jun 14, 2018.

1. As what the Title says...
    There was a train thread back in 2016(?) but soon died out. We are here about the discussion about trains and other train related topics. And the big deal APPRECIATION of Railroads in general. You are welcome to join us :)
    Joy_the_Miner, Olaf_C, salmjd and 5 others like this.
  2. chooo choooo
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. The last SD-40T-2 Rio Grande #5371 to be unpatched and kept under protection at Ogden, Utah railroad museum. Preserved to keep the history of fallen flags like the Rio Grande. Next to two famous UP FEF-3 class 4-8-4 #833 and UP EMD DDA40X #6916
    607, We3_MPO and FadedMartian like this.
  4. When did you start enjoying learning about trains?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. When I was a kid and had these
  6. same!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  7. No dvds, vhs. Good old days
    We3_MPO, IsaacNorman and FadedMartian like this.
  8. Definitely... DVDs the worst medium from the last 3 decades.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. That was my childhood mate, very good and fun times... :)

RIP George Carlin, I will miss his narrations... :(
    We3_MPO likes this.

10. somewhat train related....
  11. Do you like Thomas and Trains?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  12. Yes, till they implemented cgi at season 12
    607, We3_MPO and IsaacNorman like this.
  13. Unfortunately, that's the Thomas the new generation gets... :\
    We3_MPO likes this.
  14. I've always, for as long as I can remember, been interested to some level in trains and roads. I'm especially a fan of trolleys/trams/streetcars and electric trains, as those things are even cooler but are better for the environment, and still effective. In fact, I do play SimCity 2013, Cities:Skylines, and Transport Fever (all three of them on a regular basis), so why not?
  15. Here's some history for you, the trolly systems that were in most cities were a really popular way of moving around from place to place. GM or General Motors basically bought out the companies (and others) to popularise buses instead. Here's a Wiki page about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_streetcar_conspiracy It says conspiracy... But it made sense when 1950s roles around and buses are the main sources of transportation in America.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  16. Interesting. I'll have to read that sometime! Also, I rode a trolley when I went on vacation to Memphis, TN in July 2012.
    607 likes this.
  17. Rio Grande #3053 EMD GP40 leads a eastbound mixed freight through the Royal Gorge era 1986
    607 and We3_MPO like this.
  18. Looks quite clean man. Did you take that picture?
    We3_MPO likes this.
  19. Trains are chugging along into my head and I love it