Official Pokemon Go Thread!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by THE_OP_VILLAGER, Jun 21, 2018.

?

do you play Pokemon go

Yes 45 vote(s) 64.3%
No 23 vote(s) 32.9%
No let me download it 2 vote(s) 2.9%
  1. Don't you mean Alolan? Or did something change?
  2. Looks like autocorrect has beaten me haha!

Also, Alolan rattata are quite common here but I’ve not evolved to a raticate yet :3
    THE_OP_VILLAGER and 607 like this.
  3. Dude, you need to chill out, I was just wondering how it was still popular, don't take everything so personally geez
  4. im chill as heck, i just dont appreciate people making jokes at the expense of me or my friends, and im not afraid to call people out for it, so again. if you dont like a topic, dont go into a thread about it, if you think something isnt popular (despite a thread being made about it 2 years later) dont go into a thread about it. and definitely dont make pretentious remarks implying that a fun hobby people clearly have was lame 2 years ago. im chill as heck anyone who knows me knows this, but im not a doormat, im a door man, and you can have your coat back, cause the doors right there.
  5. Or you could of just let the joke slide and not make yourself look like you can't take a joke :confused:
    Seriously mate you're just trying to escalate something that doesnt need to be escalated at all :p
  6. Gonna hatch my first Alolan egg today.
  7. Ooo! Do you get them from pokestop?
  8. You too. ;)
  9. Yes in a way.. People that get the gifts from the pokestop can only send them to people on their friends list. So friend a lot of people so they can send you gifts that may contain the Alolan eggs.
    Smooshed_Potato likes this.
  10. Who sent you the gift?
  11. Had to go back through my journal to see and it turns out my brother was the one that sent the gift that contained the Alolan egg.
  12. Question: what’s the most items you’ve gotten from a Pokestop I’ve gotten 29 before
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  13. That must've been a mega special pokestop. I think the most i've ever gotten from a stop is around 10 items.
  14. so then you admit you were making fun of the people in here, good to know. I ain't your mate post about playing pokemon go or get out.
  15. I'm not making fun of anyone? I asked how this still game was still popular after 2 years, because I thought mainstream media killed it and it died out. You're the one who is acting like I just disrespected your whole family, seriously, what I said is not such of a big deal, you're acting like it is lmao.

if you want to talk about pokemon go, yes I have tried it during the first week but due to not having a data plan I couldn't play it and just left it there.
  16. I never played it myself, but Moose and our roomie did. For a short while, they were extremely excited to go to the nearby parks and walk around to find the pokemon. It was pretty nice to see them wanting to be out and about. I used this time to go walk the paths, then met up with them later, post pokemon prowling.

I get the concept of the game, and I think they would still play it were we in a more convenient location (like walk-able distance to a poke center). However, in the area we live, the main areas are driving distance away from each other, so it's not super convenient. Not to mention, it's a little dangerous. I personally won't miss driving aimlessly around a parking lot trying to find a rare pokemon that happened to pop up while we were on the way to dinner. :p
  17. I tried it for a couple of months. My phone at the time wasn't compatible with the mixed reality aspect, which was what I thought was cool about it in the first place. There wasn't enough complexity to hold me. It started to feel like a lot of grinding while extending my travel times and using up more gas. I don't think I got my critters to high enough levels where I could join a gym and start competing. Perhaps if I'd seen a way for earlier inter-player interaction I might have stuck around. I'm not historically a Pokeman fan, so I might have also missed something there.

edit: Also, it used up my phone battery crazy fast. It got annoying having to charge constantly.
  18. they've optimised gyms now and theres alot more player interaction, particularly on college campuses
    AnonReturns and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  19. Bump I’m close to doing my second box for field research
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  20. My friend code if anyone is interested...

7590 5000 8387
    IronicSwordPlay likes this.