Official 1.4 Snapshots Thread

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by chickeneer, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Hey everyone. Thursday is a busy day for me - So I may not get a post with updated information in it yet today. But I am updating the OP with a download link for the latest snapshot! And the release for 1.4 is only 20 days Away!!!
    mba2012 and Tehwafflez like this.
  2. swamps: now with creepy old people
    800px-WitchesHut12w40a1.png
  3. They're getting kinda sloppy with graphics. That creepy old person looks like a house.
  4. its where they live but yes it does look like a creepy old person
  5. It looks, like a swamp house.
    Maybe I just have terrible vision.
    As for the 1.4 update,
    I will get all the pies,
    and store them,
    in a pie safe,
    made of obsidian.
  6. Snapshot 12w40b - October 4, 2012 Download Link

Greetings! As I mentioned in the Last Snapshot, Mojang is reaching the end of features for the 1.4 update; and the release is schedules to be just 17 Days from this post! Very Exciting for me.

First we have the Swamp Hut which is intended to house witches. Mojang hasn't quite got their spawning hammered out yet - but they will spawn in Swamp biomes.

Speaking of the Swamp Biome - Slimes will now spawn in Swamp biomes at low light levels. So if you are having trouble finding a Slime Chunk - you will be sure to find some in Swamps - in the dark though.

Left-clicking no longer activates Levers, buttons, opens doors, or trapdoors. Instead you must Right-click them.

Beacon Blocks received another update

And getting items to your inventory in Creative mode was made easier in this update.
    Pick-Block works on items now.
    Pressing a hotbar key (1-9) will now place that item in the corresponding inventory bar.
    And Shift+clicking items in the hotbar will put it in your Survival Inventory

The Flatworld option has been updated! Depending on the Options you select - you can now let it automatically generate trees, strongholds, etc. There is a fairly long list - but included in that list is the option to generate Ores. So, if you choose the right options - you can legitimately play Survival in a Flatworld now.

In the "b" part of this snapshot. There were some bugs that Mojang fixed quickly and threw a new snapshot out the next day. Included in this - is an update to the /tp command. I am just going to quote it from the wiki as it is rather descriptive.

Sorry for how long it took to get this up - it has been a busy weekend for me - and I just through this together real quick. Thanks
  7. *Summons lightening*
    Prepare to be zombified!
    Mwaahahahaha!
  8. Any news on Dinnerbone's new mob? He said it had no clothes - but was supposed to, and it was a popular suggestion in Minecraft for a long time. I don't know if he gave up on it or it's been added? It may be pigmen.
  9. I am not certain what you are talking about exactly - but you may be talking about fish?
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. i think its herobrine because hes popular and he has clothing
  11. and pigmen have been around for along time i think when the nether came out?
  12. No. You're thinking of zombie pigmen, and it won't be herobrine. Mojang have said they will never add him, and plus, it would use the player model. The player model has no clothing, just a skin.
  13. they can make herobrine not a player model
  14. and even if they said they would never add him they can because there ideas change
  15. Then its not really herobrine.. Its not going to be herobrine.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  16. who says herobrine has to be a player model now your going to say oh well on youtube hes a player model they can add herobrine not using the player model
  17. 1. If they completely redid what herobrine looks like to the fans, crap would hit the fan for them. 2. They are NOT adding herobrine, unless he is some nudist entity...
    mba2012, SoulPunisher and chickeneer like this.
  18. than its a nude unicorn
  19. Of course! Cos that's the one thing that Minecraft needs lol.
    Although, strictly speaking, all Unicorns are nude, seeing as they have no clothes.
    penfoldex, SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. All other (and not to mention real) animals are nude too. It's only we humans who have that silly notion of shame. :p