[NOTICE] Going AFK at Pigmentus

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by bitnibbles, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Dear EMC Community, I've recently gone AFK at the Gold farm, "Pigmentus". Please Remember To NEVER Go Afk at these farms because they can produce Various types of lag which Decrease the TPS (Ticks Per Second)
    All Players Keep In Mind, If You Want to go AFK quickly at a farm, DISCONNECT before actually leaving your computer to do something IRL.

I Hope Everyone Found This Article Helpful.
    ~bitnibbles

---- PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT POLITICS HERE ----
    UltiPig, khixan, ChrisFlareon and 4 others like this.
  2. I find this to be more of a PSA than anything, but sadly I agree that this still needs to be said.

I find so many people at Pigmentus staying in one spot just to let mobs pile up and it's ridiculous.
    (one person I heard of who did this even told me they were doing just that "as an experiment" or something)
  3. I thought there were measures in place to eliminate mobs on a regular basis if someone was afk. There was great consternation when I was present one day when people were trying to fix this aspect of the farm. Has this been nerfed / broken?
  4. We inspect it regularly Mead. We're unsure of the cause, but the flusher has been "freezing" intermittently. If I had to guess, that's been happening once or twice a month. We have no idea what is causing that. The redstone and small hopper timer just goes dead, and it's had more than one cause/solution.

The other common issue is players removing the water bucket from the dispenser. I can't lock the darn thing or I would have long long ago. To lock it, I'd have to rip out the entire first floor and move it all down 1 block. Doing so however would cause other problems with the aggro mechanic which already changed (for the worse IMO) with 1.9 courtesy of Mojang. Plus, there are many player locked chests out there in the way of moving the floor.

The final issue is rare. The slime block, which is build mode protected, somehow still gets broken from time to time. It has us all scratching our heads. B0bbyTheBuild3r does the slime block or CorruptedSmile. Both have very VERY few people on their friends list just so the slime block can't be broken accidentally. Thankfully, this has only happened a few times, but it's still freaky.

Out of all the builds, Pigmentus is the constant problem child. If it wasn't so dang popular, I'd rip it down. Lesson learned - aggro mechanic style gold farms do not get along well with MC servers. This is a shame because they are excellent as both XP grinders and a gold/flesh resource.

Thank you bit for the PSA! I'd like to add that if anyone sees a problem with the flusher not going off at Pigmentus, or any issue at any of the PWU builds, please report it to us on the main PWU thread -
    emc.gs/t/53627/#post-964163
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. It does need to be said. Everyone needs to see that we can't go AFK at the farms.
  6. Personally I like to have the pigmen stack up before their demise. I don't want to consistently be clicking the mouse every time a pigman falls. That is one reason I've a moved on from Pigmentus to other Gold farms that allow stackability.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  7. maybe people should listen to the other 56 times we have said it :D go figure but people never do this is important but i do not think it deserves a separate thread