No, I'm not new. But...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Slvr, Aug 13, 2018.

1. I dunno where to start, so I figured here would be a good place. Let's take it from the top, Slvr.

Hi there, everyone. I'm Slvr, and if you've been around since about midsummer 2015, you may know me from SMP2 as SlvrBuildsBlocks (or if you saw me in the first couple months or so... SilvrBuildBlocks), or from SMP8 as just Slvr. I've also taken on the name Murphys__Law before and LongJohnSlvrs. I have explored many avenues of the ways to play on EMC. I've gone the way of the hermit and interacted with no-one and treated EMC as a singleplayer game with background chatter in the form of town chat, I've held businesses (even if life loves to throw curveballs my way that never let them work out), I've been a staff member, I've worked on a few of the public wild utility builds on SMP8. If you don't know what those are, well... just ask around on SMP8. I'm almost certain someone there will be able to point you in the right direction. ;)

I have done a lot in the 3 years I have been here and I hope to do much more once I get everything sorted out that's going on right now. My accounts have been stolen and as far as I can even tell, whoever has them hasn't even done anything with them. They changed the password and associated email and all that, but they did not alter my actual emails' passwords, and in some light digging around the Internet haven't logged them or used them extensively on other servers... I can't help but think someone did it just to watch me squirm, or someone IRL is angry at me and found my password book and I didn't realize. But, I don't want to bog this down with that. I hope to be on again later, and get to participate in this great place again.

As far as what you should know about me... I am a fanatic about animals. I have a leopard gecko, three cats, and while there's a dog in the house, he isn't mine. When I'm older and more stable, I fully plan to have more animals. I write, and enjoy making art, even if I have a really hard time learning new techniques to improve. I hope to one day be able to educate people about the various different animals we share the world with and why each should be respected and understood rather than feared or hated, and I hope to share the stories and fantasy worlds I create with the outside world and make people feel something. Delight, sadness, joy, fear- I would just like to make people feel. And on the flipside, I also love programming and obviously, video games. I hope to pursue a life of working with computers. While creating video games would be wonderful, frankly, I love computers to the point where even programming the most boring systems in the world would probably make me proud and happy with myself.

While this is technically an introduction thread, I feel a bit vain with all these I, I, I, I statements, and it isn't really like I need welcome comments or comments at all. Instead, I want to be a little real for a minute and ask everyone what they're aspiring to do - or do you already do what you want to do? Is there something in the back of your mind you'd like to one day chase? Or perhaps you're a realist and you're sitting there snorting at my positive spouting. That's okay too, I do that a lot. :p

I am going to have a lot of free time to chat on the forums until I manage to get my accounts under my control again, so I'd also like to say if you ever wanna chat with me about whatever, my inbox is open. I don't bite. Might talk your ears off or until they bleed, but I won't bite.

TL;DR: See red text above lol
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you got your account stolen Slvr! Hopefully everything will work out soon and you can join us in game :) I know you said you didn't want to hear it but I can't help myself, Welcome to the Empire! :p
    Glad to see that you'll at least be on forums to talk! Hope to see you soon!

~Original
  3. I know you probably have heard this 500 times in the mod team, but don't use the same password twice, and watch out for dodgy programs that could contain RATs/viruses.

If you use google, you should be able to get your email account back by recovery methods.
  4. Hope you can get your account back soon. When you get your account back and need help with anything like armor and what not just pm me and I’ll get you some :D

-villager
  5. Thanks, but I never did use the same password twice. I never entered it on a dodgy program or anything. As I said, my email accounts were used but the passwords remained the same as I think they ran into difficulties needing phone access. I wouldn't know, never tried breaking into someone else's google account. :rolleyes: The only incident I can think of that would have put my password at risk is that a long time ago I lost a notebook I wrote passwords down on - a physical notebook - at school. But since I found it in literally the same spot afterward, and I changed all the passwords afterward... I figured all was well. I don't know what voodoo they potentially performed or if I accidentally missed one... I don't know. But aside from that, I can't think of any incident that would have left me at risk. This is why I kind of am led to believe it's someone in real life but I have no idea who.

I dunno. It's just a confusing situation all around...

lol, Thanks Scuf. Hope to get to interact with you more in-game then, too. :)

Thank you, OP. That's quite sweet of you. :D
    OriginalScuf and Starsphere like this.
  6. Sorry to hear about your predicament. I hope this will get sorted soon and smoothly.
    You should pursue that dreams of yours and combine them : animals, games and programming, art and creativity, there should be a way. Maybe design a game involving animals in a fantasy setting?
    As what I aspire to... Well I already did quite a lot of what I wanted to do, quite a lot of things I wasn't expecting to do but enjoyed doing, too. And I am doing actually something I really like to do, so time goes by without feeling boredom most of the time, even and especially at work. I'd say I am content.
    And my advice to you is first of all to take a job that you like. Really. And to pursue time more than money.
    See you on smp8, as Zbid or Zbinj :D
    EvilBlo and Slvr like this.
  7. That is a tough situation. I hope everything works out!
    Slvr likes this.
  8. We hope to see you back real soon Slvr.
    Slvr likes this.
  9. ive forgotten far more passwords than i care to remember.
    Slvr likes this.