Night on Utopia

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MissBonnieParker, Jan 20, 2021.

1. I've been helping some friends out with a build on Utopia(In town) and the further we've come with it the more we wish we could see in night.
    This got me thinking.
    Could it be added as a res option to set just the res to night? Players would have to change it back to day when they wanted to see the sun again, or maybe the option for day/night cycle on the res?
    Even thought that it could be an add on for supporters only?
    Kryarias and naMrorriM like this.
  2. Similarly suggested here but probably good for this to have this in its own thread :)

I personally +1 having it be toggleable by flag; I know SS already have access to this flag (see smp1 211), so maybe it can be extended to supporters as well?
    Kryarias, 607 and naMrorriM like this.
  3. I didnt even think about looking for it there! oops, I also didnt think it would be "easy" though. :)
    607 likes this.
  4. wouldn't have it as a flag be impossible cause of some players having diffrent times of day on utopia?
  5. +1 from me. Whether its a flag or a cycle like any other SMP.
  6. On the technical side of things, it's not a matter of what the server's time of day is, in this case; it's what the server tells the client that the server's time is. Currently, it tells the server's time of day, except on those special residences where it's always a certain time of day, 24/7. For an example, walk on and off residence 211 at nighttime, see how the time of day changes :)
    607 likes this.
  7. Currently not a flag. It's a pmeta like the same thing that locks the time capsule, or stores special inventory when you walk on a res. Maybe possible to change into a flag, but it's not set up that way right now at least.
    607, CliffCraft and wafflecoffee like this.