New player looking for fairly simple and quick jobs

Discussion in 'Players for Hire' started by Black_Knight43, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Hi! I just joined last week and am looking to earn money to use in the creation of my base. I am more than willing to do simple jobs around the base (i.e. farm upkeep, fishing, demolition, etc.). Please contact me if you're interested!
    ~Black_Knight43
    Eviltoade likes this.
  2. A question that always comes up when people ask this sort of thing: Do you know how to use schematica/have you got the schematica mod installed?
    607 likes this.
  3. I do not have it installed. I'm guessing that it would be a good one to get?
  4. Hey Black_Knight! Welcome to the Empire! Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or need any help. :)

As for making rupees, I followed Aikar's :aikar: advise when first starting out, and I still do it every now and then when I'm making a push to hit that next rupee goal, or if I'm bored and just want to make some extra money. Here's the link for you!

https://empireminecraft.com/threads...f-rupees-fast-without-being-a-supporter.5504/
    Eviltoade likes this.
  5. Although this can be a good way to reach out to other players and get some chances of taking on jobs and therefor (hopefully) also get some cash flow do keep in mind that there's also plenty which you can do yourself.

So, maybe some tips (at risk of you already knowing but... oh well, there are always more readers out there and some might now know ;) ):
    • /vote for the server, it bags you an easy 800rupees per day, more if you vote on all sites. And if you continue to vote every day the rewards increase as you go along. Right up to tools which are quite special; although less powerful than GOD gear they're soulbound and final, meaning that you can never lose them. Even if you get blown up by a creeper army :eek:
    • Look around for shops on your server and focus on those which allow you to sell items. It's not always buying stuff, but selling stuff is also a thing. Not every shop does this (most focus on making money for themselves) but some use this strategy: they buy stuff low(er) from you and then sell it at a higher price.
      • Some nice shops (IMO) which can make you some good money: /v +bulk on SMP8 and /v +trade on SMP4. There are many more, but I know these two from personal experience.
      • So (just to be sure): use the /smpx command (x is 1 to 9) to go to another server and then use the /v command to actually visit that residence. You'll need to use your /vault to transfer items across.
      • Note that mining is always a good idea. There are plenty of blocks which you cannot get from farms (example: ore blocks, coal blocks, stone variants (andesite, diorite, granite)).
    • And you can always set up a shop for yourself. It's not that hard, all it takes is a few chests and (shop) signs, and of course some stuff to actually sell ;)
      • If you're going to take this route then be sure to add your residence to the "shop pool": /res tag add shop. It won't immediately get players to visit your shop, but those who use /v +shop to visit a random shop will have a chance to land on yours. And who knows what could happen next...
      • This is a nice article about making your own player shop, maybe food for thought?
    • Villagers! If you manage to get hold of a farmer or cleric villager then you can trade items with them for emeralds. For example: a farmer is all too eager to get stuff such as carrots, potatoes, wheat, melons, etc. And a cleric often buys paper, which is also easy to make (grow sugarcanes, and craft those into paper).
      • Fun fact: villagers on EMC behave different than in vanilla. The chances of unlocking their trades goes up quite dramatically when more trades get locked. Therefor you don't have to work out all trades in order to unlock a villager. Meaning: If the trade for wheat has worn out then there's a high probability that all trades will get unlocked while you're trading carrots.
      • Note: this isn't only about emeralds (many people have villagers, so emeralds are usually in lower demand than, say, diamonds) but more so about some items the villagers can sell you. Some have really good enchanted books, others sell treasure maps. This can allow you to effectively trade wheat for an enchanted book (with some steps in between of course).
    Figured I'd mention this because you said you were still quite new, maybe it can give you some ideas.
    And well, even if you already knew all this then it'll be at least a free bump, who knows what other random reader it might attract :)

Good luck!