New monster in MC2.0 or.... ?!!?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Hi gang!

So the other day I was playing on my computer and working on some projects when all of a sudden I ran into this baby here... Looks pretty scary if you ask me, and not just that: it's also pretty roundish instead of our beloved square environment.

Is this even suitable for children? :eek:

Has Microsoft finally lost it or is something else going on?

The first to tell us what is happening here shall win a diamond block :)

And of course I will reveal more over time; all shall be revealed. ... eventually :)

EDIT

When going over the picture again it almost looks like a decent copy/paste action, but trust me that this is not the case. Here's another one; now it actually starts to drink water (or is it trying to eat some fish?)

Scary stuff! :eek:
    607, Unoski and Shiyvah like this.
  2. Its either a mod or a texture pack :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. I take that it's an animation (as in a animated still) as the Minecraft terrain looks, well, not Minecraft. It all looks to dark and flat to be minecraft.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  4. photo shoped
    tuqueque and TotoStyle like this.
  5. Detective Time :D

1. ShelLuser never actually said he was playing Minecraft.
    2. He titled the thread 2.0 which On April 1, 2013, Mojang released a hoax announcement
    3. This very well could be a mod pack...for another game!

Best guess....Minecraft-themed style for XenForo
    607, BlinkyBinky and ShelLuser like this.
  6. That my friend is the Ender Dragons long lost son. After a player separated the Ender Dragon from its child, the little Dragon became a Water beast and is currently seeking revenge after what the player did to him. That player is know as ShelLuser. THE END
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Well, time to reveal a small bit of the puzzle. It is not a photoshopped or heavily modified image. So I haven't used Gimp or Photoshop or any of those. And Toto is actually the closest to the solution so I'm declaring him the winner for now ;) Padde wins a runners up prize and I'll reveal more soon enough ;)
  8. cowland123 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. Looks like a modpack.
    Dufne likes this.
  10. "Goes to the podium to collect my prize, Waves to the crowd whose cheering on me"
    Kytula likes this.
  11. Wait is this a minecraft animation you are working on. Or is it a minecraft song ?
    Kytula likes this.
  12. Well, in the mean time I send out some prizes to the people who were closest to the solution and the article which shall reveal all has also been posted ;)

In this blogpost all shall be revealed ;)

What I basically did was export a part of my Minecraft world and import it into a 3D modeller. Then I added the monster and the result can be seen above. For more info on all this see link ;)
  13. A few things:
    1. Microsoft owns Mojang. Mojang develops Minecraft. Microsoft has no say in what gets developed.
    2. Everything in Minecraft is voxel based. They're not going to just randomly throw in a detailed monster like that.
    3. It's most likely just an animated thing, as stated above. Minecraft by default would never look that sloppy, and it actually looks like a screenshot from a free animating program in this picture.
    607 and ESSELEM like this.
  14. You must be fun at parties. :p
    607, ShelLuser and Dufne like this.