New here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ThoughtwftGambit, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Hello, just joined a couple days ago and enjoying it a lot. I haven't played Minecraft in quite a while and this server seems to have it all. :) had quite a few run ins with Momentus and Marlix much to my dismay, would anyone be able to help me out with fighting these mobs? (on #9 I think)
  2. First off, Welcome to the Empire. It's a very nice server to play on. Everyone's so nice, friendly, and quick to answer any questions. Second there is a way to personalize your in-game settings. Do /ps and from there you can set your difficulty level from 1-10 among other settings. You were kind of vague as to where on /smp 9 Momentus was hanging out on.
    khixan and 607 like this.
  3. Welcome to emc!
    If you dont want to fight them turn your diff to 1, if the momentus spawns by water push him in then kill him.

Edit: and of course, beware of smp8 ;)
  4. Welcome!
    Good to see you are enjoying Emc. Emc has quite amount of unique features, so don't forget to check the wiki when you find a feature you don't understand, or just ask, we are more than happy to help out.
  5. Hey, welcome to the Empire :D

Feel free to ask questions here or in-game, and staff are always willing to help (you can find us by using the command /staff or you can see us by our green names).

I look forward to seeing you in-game, good luck and have fun! :)
    khixan likes this.
  6. Hey there! Welcome to EMC, I hope you have fun here!

If you are confused at all, just ask, someone is likely to help. We don't all bite...
    khixan likes this.
  7. Welcome to EMC :)

If Momo (Momentus) and Marlix are annoying you, you can also turn them off in your /ps survival settings. The same goes for Netherhounds. I tend to do a lot of group building projects in the Frontier, so I turn those off while we're building. There are LOTS of nifty features like that on EMC.

If you enjoy fighting them, as mentioned before, the best way to handle Momo is to get him into water. Don't attack him at first. Use a water bucket to push him around (hopefully into an ocean if one is close). If you're on a difficulty of 5 or lower, he won't attack you first. He will draw you in and fight if someone else has already attacked him.

Marlix is both easier and more frustrating. Marlix likes to range around, run away, and generally be a huge pest to chase down. The fastest way I've found to take Marlix down is with a friend or a group with Marlix as the tennis ball.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. Welcome to EMC! If you have any questions just ask :)
    khixan likes this.
  9. Thank you all for the warm welcome's :D I definitely want to defeat the cool unique mobs just having a little trouble doing so, I'll try the water trick for Momentus, anyone have a tip for Marlix? They're both in the western wastelands not too far from the outpost if anyone would be able to help
    khixan, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Hi Tyron87. welcome to the Empire. Enjoy your stay. :)
    khixan likes this.
  11. No exploits please..
  12. Welcome to the Empire, I'm happy to read that you're already enjoying yourself. And yeah, EMC has a lot of different features and options which you can use to spice up your gameplay, but without it intruding vanilla too much ;)

Stuff like teleport signs, message signs and of course the shop signs... All a thing here (mostly usable in town). And of course the grief protection and group facilities outside which can really help too. If you want to get a good overview of all the EMC features then you should definitely check out the wiki. It contains just about everything you might want to know about the Empire.

My tip: don't try to take it all in at once ;) EMC is way too big for that :)

Hope you'll have fun. And SMP9? That means I might drop in from time to time (got a Frontier project going there).
  13. Welcome! :)
    Good luck to you, and I hope you'll have lots of fun here! :D
    I see you're reading the New Player Guide; I actually don't think I've read that before!
    It seems great, though, I wish that existed back when I joined. ;)
    ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  14. ok mr admin
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  15. gl bro!!! we are all CRAZZZZZZyyyy so try to survive us :)
  16. Welcome to The Empire! Enjoy your stay :)
  17. Welcome to EMC, smp4 rules
    ShelLuser likes this.