New Development Blood....

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Also, welcome Hatori! Can't wait to see what will be achieved now that we have developers. Shall be very interesting. :D
    DogsRNice likes this.
  2. Welcome! Dis gunna be good now...
    DogsRNice and 607 like this.
  3. A bit late on this, but welcome to the dev team, hatorijr! As a newbie developer, I hope to learn lots from Sensei Aikar and Sensei Hatorijr. *gets down on floor and kisses their feet* :p
    DogsRNice likes this.
  4. Don't you mean downwards? No diamonds to mine in the sky, last I checked....

Found out about the "dinging sound when someone says your name in chat" today. Thought it was pretty cool, though it only works when it does full name, which makes it less useful for those with long names....but it's still pretty useful if you're trying to get someone's attention. (Assuming they have sound on...which I actually turned mine on and asked people to say my name. Just to hear it ding. And I thought it a hilarious, cute, and very useful thing.)

Anyway, just bring in another dev or two as good as the two of you, and the current planned features list should be done before MC 2.0. (1.9, tops!)
    DogsRNice likes this.
  5. You can't know that already, maybe 1.9 and 2.0 won't even come(I doubt 2.0 will ever come, cause it already exists)and there are a lot of planned features that are not revealed to the public.
    DogsRNice likes this.
  6. 2.0 doesn't already exist, that was an April fool's thing.
  7. Welcome to the empire Staff... at least
  8. I know, that what was I meant. What did you think I thought 2.0 was? :p I think it would be confusing when there are two "2.0"s
  9. What if we skipped straight to 3.0! D:
  10. There was slight sarcasm of expectations. Point was that they're both awesome so far and they'll probably have a few more things crossed off their to-do list a bit quicker, especially if they pull in more as good as they have shown themselves to be. Then current long-term goals are more...medium and maybe even short term goals. (Relatively speaking anyway. Six months of work isn't going to happen in a week, but two or even three months would feel quite a bit quicker.)
  11. That reminds me...

Welcome to EMC Hatori, you will soon know the power of the Tomato King! ;)
  12. Hey Aikar... I want to get into programming but im not sure where to start... any suggestions (im 14 if that helps)
  13. I'd recommend starting with HTML, which is basic web programming. Check out this site for good tutorials on HTML. http://www.w3schools.com
  14. www.codeacademy.com
    You can learn Python, Ruby, PHP, JQuery, and JavaScript, which is what minecraft runs. (I think, correct me if i'm wrong >.<)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Minecraft uses Java. Absolutely no relation to Javascript. :p
    607, jkjkjk182 and BobTheTomato9798 like this.
  16. *punches self in head*
    PirateOfDW and mba2012 like this.
  17. Java is an OOP (Object Oriented Programming) language where Javascript is a scripting language. You could say Javascript is a veryyyy distant cousin to Java and that is about it, the reason they were probably named similar is because they are based off of the same programming structure.
  18. ok but any idea were i should start?
  19. What kind of programming? PM me or Aikar, I would be more than happy to help you but I also don't want this thread to get derailed ;)
  20. Feel free to add me too ;)
    607 and BobTheTomato9798 like this.