New Atlantia

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by Kephras, Mar 19, 2013.

1. The building style is great! hard to see styles like these, just casual dirt houses ;)

I hope your project continues to strive :)
  2. Now this is something I do not understand. Why did I not get an alert for this? Sometimes it is just like xenforo decides you don't care anymore
  3. Making the long journey out again. I've kept tabs on the place via livemap, but it's long past time I got my fuzzy rump back to the city.
  4. Start a convo with me detailing the SMP and coords of a central lock chest, and we'll do our best to get you [ESTABLISHED] status. :)
  5. Oooooh, jolly good - the project lives!
    Kephras likes this.
  6. Was just out there yesterday. Still looking in good repair.
    Tarka_The_Otter and Kephras like this.
  7. Just need some form of inspiration, really. When I tried to get back into it a couple months back, I waddled about the place trying to think of something to do... and I just couldn't really think of anything. We have an abundance of plenty.

Need a cool burst of inspiration! What to do??
  8. Well technically it's never been 'dead,' just comatose. But yes, town's gotten a little dull and with the difficulty settings out now, "Momentus Beach" is no longer a thing to be feared. ;)
    Are you the one building to the west of us then, out in the water? I know something's going on out there, which is part of my interest in getting New Atlantia properly [Established]. We've been around since January 2013, so you can imagine the epic Facedesk Maneuver I'd do if we were somehow ineligible for Establishment because of encroaching builds.

I've completed the long boatride out and returned to our domain again. I'd been avoiding posting any livemap views publicly, to avoid unwanted attention, but by now I suspect anyone determined to discover the place will have already done so. Besides, making fancy Territory maps is the "in" thing these days, apparently?

• New Atlantia "proper" consists of the Capitol city, the Spider Temple, and Halsgrof Hall. It also encompasses a small farmhouse on the tundra edge northward.
    • To this day, the Southern City still hasn't been given a proper name, but city and surrounding territory cover a good chunk of the southwest.
    • Tarka meanwhile, did a lovely job colonizing the islands to our east. Now we just need to build up some villager homes so he can have subjects of his own ;)
    • The "Undeveloped" area is mostly out of respect for the small desert village Nickbowhunter constructed. He abandoned it shortly afterwards, but the village and surrounding lands are still considered part of New Atlantia.
    Tarka_The_Otter likes this.
  9. This is gorgeous.
  10. yea I was building an underwater city, in honor of the atlantia name. -Quick Transport reference Edited out per request-
  11. oh just remembered. The crafting hall needs some repair on the cobble generator, it looks like it got blown up on the back. I would have fixed it myself, but im not real good on redstone.
  12. That, unfortunately, is just the legacy of work left unfinished. The connection between wall and craft hall was always something of an awkward spot and I hadn't figured out a good way to link the two together. Thus, the exposed wiring on the back end. Everything is still fully functional.
  13. The Titan slumbers no longer!
    Kephras likes this.
  14. It's nice to see things slowly coming alive again. :)
    I've been working to adjust the northwest wall & bridge. Mattias helped complete some of my earlier work, while this outpost lay dormant, but unfortunately my design wasn't spaced properly to begin with, so there's a fair amount of revising to be done there.
    NA_development_2.jpg
    In the end though, it closely aligns with the initial plans for that area. A lighthouse tower will be constructed on the tip of the peninsula, linked back to the Harbor area by the same style of arching bridge currently in place. A second bridge, lined up with the current roadway, will lead out of the city across the river and into the plains north - flanked by a pair of watchtowers to keep the entrance clear. Completing the rest of the wall is also a prime focus.
    NA_development_1.jpg
    Secondly, I've noticed a barely-submerged island in the bay that I'd like to see converted into a kind of "Visitor's Center." Simply put, I think it might be a good idea to have a structure clearly notifying visitors of the area they're in and who maintains it. Hopefully, this will help alleviate any issues with "unannounced" development in the city (and rest of the New Atlantia region). Low priority, but something I'd like to see happen.
    607 and Tarka_The_Otter like this.
  15. I finally remembered why progress on the castle ground to a halt.
    Netherbrick.
    Seems like I'll be making an excursion soon... >_<
  16. It's been a while since I shared pretty pictures, so let me fix that.

Harbor bridge and Lighthouse were completed today.

Tarka's tavern, "The Zombie's Head" never did get a good showing-off, so here it is.

And last but certainly not least, Bobcat's been hard at work building up the houses in the West District.

Special thanks to Ultimamaxx for pointing me at the latest shader pack. :) Pity it started raining just when I decided to take screenshots, but I have to admit, it's a fantastic weather effect.
  17. Damn! Beautiful, all of it!

Send me a link to that texture pack, would you??
  18. It's here. There's also a link in the OP that I try to keep updated.
  19. Shader link? ;3
  20. Seus 10.1 Preview2. Currently running on 1.7.5, can't speak to its function on different versions.