Need some technical info on Mob spawning for EMC

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KatydidBuild, Aug 20, 2019.

1. I am finding that I do not have a good enough understanding of some of the mob spawning rules. Can someone find a link for me in the wiki with EMC specs. (looked myself and sadly admitting defeat that I cannot locate it)
    Help!

*I am self-taught with villagers, but never dug into the info with the hostile mobs. Thanks.
    Will_McNab likes this.
  2. Can you be more specific with what rules you're talking about?
    FadedMartian and KatydidBuild like this.
  3. Mob spawning should act as normal for most vanilla mobs and most intents and purposes. Only real changes is the mob spawn distance is 64 and entity cramming is off. If you give us more specific info I can help you better.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  4. More specific. Of course. Silly me. Especially if you don't already know me...

So, I have been helping out and taking care of CubeFragment's Wild E on smp7.
    There are players who would like to build things nearby and I know that there are some spawn rate issues that will cause problems. Just wondering on where I can read up on the spacing for the spawn rates for the mobs. And how the mob spawning works in general on EMC.

IE - putting a sheep farm next to a creeper farm.
    The entity spawn rate doesn't care if it's a sheep or creeper as far as the count goes.
    And the vertical height isn't counted, just the distance of 64 blocks.
    Does the chunk spacing matter?
    Will_McNab and khixan like this.
  5. to what i found enraged mobs and boss spawnrates is near to 0 if "you are away"
    KatydidBuild and Burki like this.
  6. I don't personally know many specifics, but I feel like this wouldn't be too terribly difficult to test. The 64 block spawning limit is a square with an apothem of 64 blocks that goes from bedrock to build limit.
    KatydidBuild likes this.
  7. The y distance should be as it is in vanilla
    Brenjone and I always treat the 64 in x and z to represent 4 chunks out in each direction. We have had success, therefore, with covering a 9x9 chunk area (to their borders) and sitting within the center chunk.

Also, mob density can cause problems. Mobs spawn in packs of 2. Mobs stop spawning if 2 mobs are in the area (20 xz, 16 y). This is why enderman farms using endermites usually don't work well if at all. You would be best left to flushing mobs into your kill chamber as fast as possible. Note this does not affect iron farms and portal pigman farms because they spawn using different mechanics (though the number of villagers per person has a cap).

The entity limit is a hard(ish) 250 for all mobs and a soft 90 for natural spawns. It is always recommended to keep all mob farms and animal farms separate. 9 chunks apart should cover this (so you can't load in both by being exactly between them).
    KatydidBuild, ArkonXT and khixan like this.
  8. The general rule of thumb I apply with PWU is players can do whatever they want 100+ blocks from any PWU build. Is 100 blocks really the answer? Nope, see LGB's post above. It is however a number that's easy to remember for everyone and generally it's good enough to get the job done.
  9. thank you for your input so far. I think that I failed to ask enough questions about mob density being an issue, but that info was offered by Lucky. I shall have a copious number of questions later.

I learned a bit of what I needed to - the rest is under an algebraic function that I am happy to accept the 4 chunk estimate for. Cause I am not enough of a nerd to need to do that math - it's been a long while!

Meanwhile... I think the 100+ rule for builds is going to work well for Wild East :D
    (and fyi - Cube has been on a little bit lately)
    khixan likes this.
  10. #1 I do NOT think it is necessary to start a new thread when there is good info here about the subject matter. I need to bump this discussion to find out a more detail about my situation.

Ok I need more detailed values. I currently Have sheep corrals for all the colors and I often run up against the built in entity count limits.
    So I need to know how far apart my corrals have to be or how chunks might effect this differently.
    AND what is the Maximum sheep I can put into a single corral?

ALSO Where do you find all this detailed information, the wiki doesn't have it and other minecraft info doesn't have it, and is EMC different from normal minecraft, so where is it?
  11. I have an enderman farm that works great using an endermite but I am not sure about what you are saying, MOBs or non hostel Mobs. I would think they have different spawning algorithms. So could I have 250 cows in one place?
    I find your explanation vague.
  12. I wish I was a programmer/developer, because I could probably give you some insight on how it works, but that stuff is too technical for me, haha~

(I just know ways how to get mobs to spawn, that's it.)
  13. There's not much vague about it considering all the numbers are listed in my post... But I will elaborate for more specific examples. You could have up to 250 cows within 64 blocks of you. 64 blocks away from you makes a 9x9 chunk square.
    Therefore, and as I said, keep farms 9 chunks apart so that if you were halfway between them they'd both be the minimum distance away. Yes, technically they can be only 64 blocks apart, but you risk spawning problems down the road, as stated.
    What I mean by natural mobs are those not spawned from eggs or breeding (or portals). The usual cave critters and wild animals stop spawning if there are 90+ of any mob in the area. You can use eggs and breeding to go above that 90, but the server stops you at 250 (see /entc).
    For your endermite farm, I take it it uses 1 endermite? My post lists 2. A farm will work with 1, but I bet it's not nearly as good as the youtube vanilla tutorials show. It would have to be slower with the pack-of-2 spawning mechanics. Furthermore, a stacked version of the farm wouldn't work at all, because now you have 2 endermites.

Lastly, the place this info comes from is partially from experience, and mostly from the wiki link in post #4 above.
    Hope this helps.

Also, apologies for any errors. I'm posting from mobile.
    607 and Raaynn like this.
  14. yes helpful but I am satisfied with the output of the Enderman farm, it is quite a stead flow of them.
    I would like to know where you get all the detailed specs on minecraft mechanics.
    Like I watched a youtube of how a resetable titan iron farm works and that was REALLY technical and I am not an engineer so I was lost on a few parts of that tutorial.
  15. I watch gnembon on youtube, and then proceed to break things on EMC rofl ;)
    ThaKloned likes this.