Nation of Volt (ESTABLISHED)

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by rock00888, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No application necessary! I will pm you directions!
  2. Its going to be one hell of a trip to get there...
  3. It's actually very easy once you know the way. We are working on interstate highways and trains, as well as horse roads. Distance has never been less of a problem!

Not sure how to make the info most available to non greif members, but working on it currently.
    rock00888 likes this.
  4. I'm planning on having nether routes that lead to Volt then major roads leading to New Holland and cords for these in a convo that I will invite persons to if they show interest.
  5. There are currently nether routes from volt-NH and back, NH to inzoino, NH to stone guard.
  6. And NH to town. Very quick from town.
  7. Actually Volt to town is the shortest once a connector to the main rail is tunneled. I bet it's only about 3 minutes on the rail.

I'm looking for my next transportation project. Which route needs the most work currently? If there are any overworld roads, I can replace them with nether passages which will reduce travel distance to 1/8th of overworld. Well worth the investment of time if they get used on any regular basis.

Volt to New Holland is so short that a rail is almost silly, but I could work on another rail if distance is greater to any of the other states. Please suggest the top needs and I will chat in-game to figure out where the begin and end will actually be.

It's been fun working with all of you so far.:D
    rock00888 likes this.
  8. Nice job infracstructure advisor
  9. it would be great if all the infrastructure could be put on a map with the locations of entrances and stops put on them :) I know I'd appreciate it :)
  10. I have a bit of an issue with mapped nether routes. We don't own some of the larger rails and I'd prefer not to jeperdise their rails. Nether routes should be mapped, but not publicly visible.
  11. Hi guys!
    I need a bit of work done in the State Of New Holland. I will be willing to pay money for this service (or items if u want). This is what i need.

-Some dirt dug out about 3 blocks high 40x40 square
    -Some townhouses built
    -Some farms made in the designated area

Please respond if u have any interest in doing one of these jobs.

Thanks!
    NH Public Works
  12. I wish I could do that! I have to agree that there are some real problems with revealing too much information too openly.

We will have to see what happens and build based on outcomes. Luckily, tunnels thru the nether aren't built of valuable materials and with the dramatic drop in iron prices, rails are not such a risky investment. Wish it was cheaper to board horses to make large tunnels a faster option. Cost isn't an issue for some of us, so maybe it can work.

Still looking for specific project requests.
  13. on my way to build the Glendorian Embassy in Estona, i remembered that The old Empire had an embassy in volt, so i changed the flag and i noticed that the flag pole above city hall had the old Wremian flag ..... if you want maybe you can put up the Glendorian flag, seeing that our nations are peaceful ?? and neighbours ??
  14. I was thinking of a new building. I will start a convo with you.
  15. well, i just changed the flags and finally put doors on, changed some signs and filled the holes with glass ..... but if you want me to move, that fine ..... what are you gonna do with the big flag ?? put up a Glendorian one too ?? and the Voltian embassy in Wrem city, doesnt have a flag
  16. Ya I was gonna take that one down and move it to a new building discussed in the convo. Unfortunately there is a shortage or wool for voltian flags ATM so it will take a bit to hang one on the embassy.
  17. Proposed land borders for NH

purple=proposed land borders

Attached Files:

18. Rock, that map is a lot more like the one I would envision. Thanks for being flexible. I might even suggest that a strip of land south of town stay as volt as a connection to the undeveloped eastern part of the island, maybe it doesn't really matter. Also, look at the land pointing to the north on the western edge of New Holland lands is (enclosed by the purple but not the green). This small area would be a really nice part of coastline for NH, but is essentially isolated from volt city by the current map. I recall a lighthouse or some tunnels near there, so I don't know if someone is actually using it, but if not, I would like to see it as part of New Holland for growth reasons.

Again, these are minor requests/suggestions for your consideration. I am really happy overall with your compromise line and a future of good relations between all parties in the region. Who knows when some outside threat could require cooperation, and this is a good sign that it will be possible.

On another note, have nether boundaries ever been drawn? Has it always been considered a totally different map without regard to the real link between coordinate systems? It seems a little like it's still confusing to a lot of people, but as you can see, It's clearly important as a transportation hub, and there are several mob harvesting systems that make clear lines of possession valuable. Just thinking aloud.
  19. I always envisaged the Nether as non-claimable in the sense that the overworld has been claimed, sort of shared ownership if you will.
  20. Rock, thank you for the small amount of land to the west. I see how u made these boundaries look a lot bigger by including the unusable ocean. The part that I am most wanting here is the land to the west of ur western boundary. Where the village is.
    I would not like volts borders to be creeping up on all side of Nh.
    Thanks for your consideration in this matter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.