[Mystery Glitch] Can't see ANY blocks!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by HarleyButterBuns, Oct 10, 2014.

1. I can't see any blocks on one account, and it's on a completely wiped an separate computer and it's not a mod but apparently it is? I got on on my alt on the same profile and it was perfectly fine. How can it be a mod I don't even have??
  2. The fact that it works when you use your alt is very weird. The only way this could be happening is that you are using different profiles and don't notice. You say you deleted and reinstalled Minecraft. What exactly did you delete?
    607 and Pab10S like this.
  3. Alright, ladies and gents-- an update.

So, last night (10/9/2014), I consulted two mods when I noted that my mods- among which was xray- were now magically on ALL of my profiles- even non forge and litemod profiles. Said mods said I was fine but should probably just reinstall MC as a whole to get rid of it completely, since by then the files were gone- creepy right?

Alright so today, the above happened. I got rid of anything MC related. Everything. Then I reinstalled MC- only MC. No forge, no litemod, no nothing. Only on this account is the missing block thing.

I am now online, and 1/2 the blocks are missing- snow, dirt, wood, and sand. Now, on my alt, there's still nothing wrong (aside from shrooms wanting to still come off as "missing" with the black and purple square pattern.

So yeah. It's now no longer anything xray related, so far as I can see. I'm just... I guess, special?
  4. Since your mods managed to go across profiles, I would recommend checking for viruses. I have seen things that pretend to be the official mod but actually just infect your computer. I can definitely see a hacking mod doing sketchy things. None of the mods you installed should have had traditional windows installers or been .exe programs. If they did, post there names here and try to uninstall them.
    607 likes this.
  5. Mm.. that would be just my luck. I'll check that today and make sure. What I get for my curiosity, eh? Shoulda listened to the whole curiosity killing the cat thing hehe.
    607 likes this.
  6. Yeah, you probably shouldn't have went into xray in the first place ;)
    Devartete likes this.
  7. Well, I was severely curious. Why was it such an important mod that you'd risk banning from servers over it? And To be honest, it really just seemed stupid. I like the survival aspect of the game, why pretty much go into "Noob" level hardness on a game meant to be difficult/challenging? You're supposed to forage. It's not some optional thing (aside from Creative mode).

Overall, this is just one of those mods that really is .. well. overhyped and a cheating way out.

Yeah definitely an overhyped thing..

In other news, on this account, I can still only see 1/2 the blocks. On my other accounts I can function as normal still. And by this point I have gotten rid of all minecraft related add-ons, etc, and done a scan and removed what could have been a bug. So now I'm still curious as to what the issue is.
  8. When you say you have different accounts, are they also different profiles setup on the minecraft software?

because if so then you may have different memory stipulations on the different profiles.

Try setting up a fresh profile for the account that's not working and see what that does.
    607 likes this.
  9. On a different server, I have so much stuff that I got without x-ray that it's that easy. I have a ton of enchanted armor that people "let" me have.
    [EDIT]: One thing I like about that server as opposed to this one is that stealing is allowed and people can't do a thing about it.
  10. You still haven't answered the question of what exactly you deleted. Unless you completely removed the .minecraft folder, there is no way to say that the mod isn't there. If you did delete the .minecraft folder, make sure it is the one actually being used by the profile. Choose "edit profile" from the launcher and make sure game directory is set to the .minecraft folder. There is also a chance that your resource pack is corrupted. Try using a different resource pack.
    607 likes this.
  11. Well, to answer, I deleted literally the entire minecraft program. got rid of the whole thing. .minecraft removed and everything.

I will try the new profile thing, (now can I delete old ones? Blah!)