My Youtube, need help starting!

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by Caeyde, Oct 1, 2014.

?

Which games sound interesting to you?

Minecraft (please post a map, a minigame, ect) 16 vote(s) 66.7%
Five Nights At Freddies 8 vote(s) 33.3%
League of Legends, World of Warcraft ect 4 vote(s) 16.7%
Spiral Knights 3 vote(s) 12.5%
Awesomenaughts and other Steam games 5 vote(s) 20.8%
Tug the Table and such (with my sister :P) 2 vote(s) 8.3%
Others? Please post! 7 vote(s) 29.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. http://Gleam.io :)

You can thank me later.
    sambish20 likes this.
  2. That attracts people for the wrong reason; they must like you for your CONTENT, not a giveaway.
    Feel free to try it out if you wish, but on average, subscribers/viewers that are only following you for your giveaways tend to watch a whole lot less; and thus are not so interesting to acquire anyway..

If you do try out giveaways, I would love to hear your insight on it, as I personally have not tried it out.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  3. That would be good, as long as you're not doing... Wait. This.
    In my opinion you absolutely shouldn't do anything like this. This is the wrong way. People that watch and enjoy your videos can be entered in a giveaway, sure. You shouldn't try to brag them though. And that is exactly what gleam is, a bragging software. Following you, liking you, watching your videos, retweeting, all that stuff to get an entry? No, just not the right way. It lowers the respect people actually have for you, even though it appears they respect you more, because, well, they act like they respect you so they can get more entries.
  4. It's better to not use it for direct YouTube actions (such as subscribing, etc), but to use it for more indirect stuff like "Give me feedback on video X" and "What do you think of my channel?" type questions. I agree you shouldn't bribe at all for YouTube subscribers (Twitter/Facebook follows/likes I'd say are slightly different, however).

No, one entry per action. Most things have effectively a "free entry" option.

Just because something gives you the ability to do an absolute ton of stuff doesn't mean you can't use it to do simple stuff too. :)
  5. Yeah, that's what I meant.
    Our opinions differ then :)
  6. Having a look at it now, thanks
  7. I can't believe there's somebody besides me that still plays Spiral Knights!
    AliceF3 likes this.
  8. Hey i have had a Channel wtih 200+ Subs and i restarted because i wanted too xD DONT JUDGE ME! Alright i have 3 tips for u

1. Daily Videos - Everyone wants to be able to come to your channel and see new videos everyday! Also try to post around the same time everyday! I suggest 11 am or 12 :)
    2. Be funny
    3. Unique

I restarted and in 1 and a half week i have gotten 14 subs :p
    Channel - IIKnightII
  9. I realise its still in early alpha, but I think playing RUST would generate a lot of followers.
  10. I would play steam with you! I have awesomenauts and a bunch of others :D