My take on a Cobblestone Generator

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by CallMeTom, Nov 6, 2011.

1. As promised... :)

2. Thats funny, I have the exact same cobble generator! :D
    I guess we have used the same turtorial. :p
  3. Where is this generator located? I wish to have some cobble :p
  4. Sand/Gravel generators wock by taking advantage of the 'falling' properties of the block, when a sticky piston tries to pick it up reproduces a second block which drops to the ground, while also picking up the original block. Because the generator is usually made on a fast clock circuit it does this reproduction many times a second, and causes massive on anyone in the same chunk as the generator.
  5. I do like this particular cobble generator, i recently disassembled mine. It is a fast effieient design which generates 4 stacks of cobble about 12 blocks high straight up. IT is handy to note though, by placing furnaces or obsidian at your desired height will let you restrict the height it reaches.
  6. Cool i used to make the same one that u have. And i used to make them for people for some rupees.
  7. Isn't there a way to make obsidian this way? I mean lava and water meeting and POOF.

I know that's how it occurs naturally and I recall seeing someone on YouTube saying they had an obsidian generator... I'm just not sure if they did it this way or taking advantage of the glitch.
  8. I imagine you can just swap where the water is for lava... and the lava for water.
  9. Obsidian Generators are dependent on Redstone dust to create their obsidian without destroying the lava source block. Do a Google search for the information...
  10. Simple redstone mechanics, I used to have one, but i demolished it as it was bodgy, i plan to make a better one soon. thumbs up!
    Btw donations are very nice, those of you that have donated items to me ingame, thanks.
    Should i go for a modern look on my res or should i do a castle sorta thing?
  11. Yeah... I went on a YouTube binge looking for it after the fact. Considering that in Single Player I've run across fields of obsidian with more than the 3 or 4 blocks the generators make it seems like a lot of trouble.

Though if you have an excess of redstone dust and diamond pick axes...
  12. Wich I do ^^
  13. Red stone always come in excessive amounts :p