My Official Leave from EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mindlegokid, Aug 20, 2014.

1. at least it is something that shows the empire that something is getting done. I am not saying you are doing nothing, but I am speaking for the people who do think that.
  2. The post was removed as they reworked the entire system as the community disliked the original changes (free and premium servers).

Mojang might not want to be a bad guy... but I honestly have doubt in who/how they're going to deal with compliance reports. They've hardly shown professionalism throughout it all.
  3. I'll agree that they've screwed up royally bout professionalism, and I did not know they removed a post, that explains it then.

Though remember mojang has never said they were even going to do anything other than "ask" a server to comply.
    And if the server refuses, apparently they are just going to throw their arms up in the air.

I agree with their intentions, and I think Mojang honestly means the best, just they've screwed up a bit.

TheMogMiner wrote a decent blog post about it, in that other companies wouldn't even be as generous as Mojang.

I think the main issue is that we all had higher standards for Mojang based on previous history, but this change violated those standards.

They do mean well (and if they don't.... and start attacking people who are actually trying to conform, then oh man thats bad), so I am not worried for us a single bit.
    AlexChance likes this.
  4. Also one thing to note - if you follow my status updates, I give constant development updates there.

The past week or so I've been working on something higher priority than supporter changes (Migrating my server) as it had urgent need to be done.

Thankfully I did it just in time, as the day after I migrated it, I started getting confirmed hard drive errors >.<

So this is why development got stalled for a few days - and I'm still not even done... just trying to balance things as I said I was working on TNT (finished, just got to test)
  5. Yes ...Loads of us too, I cant agree more :D
    jkjkjk182, Olaf_C, 607 and 3 others like this.
  6. You are an amazing person, mindle, and EMC will miss you. I hope you stay, but it is your decision
    I think I know this friend, and these EMC'ers, and this cause of fighting. About your friend, I am sorry, and it is hard to loose a friend, but I know who this friend is/was, and he was definitely not the worlds greatest person. This "anonymous conversation" was started by him as mostly a way to get mad and rant because he got butthurt over something which was something I will keep anonymous. After being part of this group, being the co-leader, and getting banned for my mistakes, I can say EMC has not done the best things all the time. BUT, EMC has made huge strides of improvements since then. If I was still mad about issues behind the scenes, had problems with the staff and such, I would not have tried 6 months to come back. I practically had to beg to get back at one point. EMC is not ran by a group of liars and deceivers. Some people made it seem like that, and arguably it was at one point in its history, but that was the past in a time with mistakes made by everyone. The people in the anonymous pm did not do things right, neither did some staff, but looking back on that, EMC is a better place.

NOTE TO STAFF: This contains some information which may be sensitive. Feel free to delete or edit if there is any false information or any that is touchy.

The group of anonymous people wanting to PM an anonymous mod was not the right description. The group was a mess of different opinions that was put together poorly. The original intent of the group was that, but it failed miserably. An "anonymous person" tried to use redstone to crash SMP1 at first, then we decided to TRY to do that. He was mad about one very small, stupid thing, and he could get anyone he could find into the group. The group became a cluster of disorganization, hurtful intentions, the wrong ideas, and poor execution. The group was supposed to be like that, but it was based on lies itself. EMC was not hiding anything. Things needed change and were changed, but EMC was still a good place. The actions of the group hurt EMC terribly, so please do not portray it as an anonymous conversation in which we were going to PM mods with concerns.

Now I am definitely sure who your anonymous friend is. Some stuff is kept hidden for a reason. Not because of bad reasons, though. It is to keep up hype. People are leaving because MC just sometimes gets boring. A lot of people who are saying they are leaving come back, or are starting school. The whole situation of when IcecreamCow was demoted is something different, but people leave. It is unfortunate they are such great community members, but I do not think players are leaving because of those issues. If you are feeling the community needs to be better, help improve it yourself.
    Max res vouchers are temporary, and who can blame them for this. The EULA could potentially really cut server funds. If 1 res was 30 dollars and it stayed permanently, yeah, it would seem like a lot, but you have to remember that this is a limited edition item. If you want to see real crap, go to servers charging $1,000-$10,000 for a rank. This is not bull. There is a lot worse out there. Also remember, permanent derelict lasts forever (unless you are banned or something along those lines). For 30 dollars, that is a pretty good deal. I could log off for 2 years and not be able to loose my res. In the past that would have required at least $120 bucks and up to $480. I think $30 is a bargain.
    Can you blame them? With the new EULA, it is incredibly hard to have good perks on a towny/economy survival server. Loopholes are good if they keep EMC floating. If we get an angry email from mojang, we can change them. I see nothing wrong with loopholes. It is not like they are morally wrong (in this case, anyways).
    I can somewhat agree on this one :p
    EMC is not drunk. EMC is better than ever. It has been through some rough times before, but EMC is a great place with a great community. There is rebuilding in progress, but you will not find a better community ANYWHERE else. I know this anonymous friend and he has been feeding lies. Please do not make this mistake, mindle.
    607, wisepsn and mba2012 like this.
  7. I honestly do not get how someone can feel so strongly for the EULA of any company, especially Mojang. Mojang has done little to nothing with the game in the past two years, besides some performance increases that could have been done in a much shorter length of time. Adding barely any blocks and a few new mobs is absolutely disgraceful, there are loads of mods out there that do things better, and they are kept up by just one person each, not a team of "professionals". They are a bag full of empty promises (yes, I am looking at you "Modding API"). Yet, people support them? How?! WHY?!

And the worst part is that people believe their bullshit painting of the reasoning behind the new EULA. If they were really just afraid of the legal issues behind server purchases, all they would have to do would be require that any server purchase page have a disclaimer saying that the purchase is not affiliated with Mojang. Make it another requirement that the disclaimer is on the receipt and pops up before the final stage of purchase. Then when a hysteric parent screams at them, they can go visit the server site, and if it violates their disclaimer policy, they can shut down the individual server. With all the free time they have not doing anything productive for the game, it would be very easy to support that kind of policy.

Back in the good old days of quality Minecraft staff, anything original you did with the game (mostly mods wise) was yours. But now they are making it excessively obvious that this is not the case anymore. I think that they are making that point because they want to own the mods legally, so that they can piggyback off of the hardworking mod authors work. They want to rebrand mods as their own work. They have shown how incompetent they are at adding real content to their game, so why not reinforce their legal "right" to steal, but at the same time, paint themselves as the crusaders against money grubbing servers? It has politician tactics written all over it.

Edit: Also, if this were Wal-Mart making a new policy making it against the rules to wear yellow t-shirts in their stores, would there really be anyone fighting for them? I mean, come on. Wake up from the past, the good Mojang is long gone.
    mba2012 and highlancer54 like this.
  8. A little late but bye. :(