My Official Leave from EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mindlegokid, Aug 20, 2014.

1. You can't do it now anyway. It got removed a few weeks ago (I think?) to make us EULA compliant. :)
  2. Ah sorry, my mistake. I just thought because the rupees tabs changed to 'my empire' I thought it was removed. Didn't realise that it was still on the upgrade page, silly me :oops:
  3. My guess is that he's upset, because all server owners were given a very generous amount of time to become compliant and the changes required by most of the even largest of servers were made within days and at the very least executed by August 1st.

Anyone whom looks at EMC's Rank page can still see that very non-EULA compliant things are still for sale, even 20 days after the deadline, and might lead them to feel how he's feeling now. I'm not personally judging what's going on, here, just trying to help you guys understand his feelings.

I have no doubt there's a plan to make EMC compliant, as it would be damaging to the community to not do so, and I feel most of the staff here care about that. However, I personally wouldn't have waited this long, even at just a 1% risk something might happen.
    sambish20, 607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  4. Mojang has made exceptions to allow commercial use - which is what the debacle is about, and we are in progress of making changes to be in compliance with those rules.

Just a few days ago one supporter perk went to all players, and last night I was working on giving TNT to everyone. We are not in compliance YET, but we are working to get EVERYTHING in compliance.

This is why the upgrade page has red box markers on so many things - warning that things are changing.
    deathconn, ruari342 and 607 like this.
  5. The EULA should have been complied with by August 1st.. Frankly I don't think it matters anymore, very few servers actually complied with it and the big servers are still busting those expensive ranks with item kits and they haven't been talked to at all.
  6. From what I've been reading (I've been keeping up on the stuff out of interest), most servers actually did become compliant by August 1st. The ones that aren't (and ones now being reported via their form) are on the radar. Things likely won't be public until actual action takes place, and it won't be over night...but I'm sure when the servers do get hit, it will feel 'unexpected'.

However, don't expect Mojang to be like: "Hey public, we shut down x server today, or sent a letter to x owner."
    Bro_im_infinite and 607 like this.
  7. That's cheating D: no diamonds for anyone :(
    Mindlegokid likes this.
  8. On his wall, not on the thread ;)
    Sambish got the diamonds.
    NoahMarcusWhite likes this.
  9. Also, we were discussing last night about the "removal of perks" (including Rupees and Res vouchers) part of compliance.

Ideally I wanted to send an email to supporters, but I ran into troubles there in the ability to even send the email, so were looking to set a date of Sep 1st that things will be removed.

We will be making a front page post on that soon (hopefully today)

I've said numerous times I wanted to focus on the 'giving' parts of compliance before the removing parts, so that all current supporters were fully aware of the changes before we went removing them and they thought they were going to keep it for the full 30 days.

I will be pushing to get as many changes as I can before then out to be on the "positive" side, and then Sep 1st we will remove things (and have a Labor Day promo to balance the negative side of it at least!)
    Olaf_C, 607, ruari342 and 3 others like this.
  10. I think that people should stop making threads like these, i understand your trying to get your point across but what your not taking into account is that these threads last for days and can turn people against each other when its not necessary. You can discuss it with community managers like krysyyjane9191 and get your point across to the staff. Then if they find its necessary they can make a thread about feedback they have been given. To be frank i think you should of just made a straight forward leaving thread to say goodbye to your fellow EMCer's and stop all the hassle threads like these create. Anyway sorry to see that another veteran is leaving.

Ruari342
    PenguinDJ, PandasEatRamen and 607 like this.
  11. Also - on the statement about us still selling rupees.

We are either in compliance or we are not, sure we could remove the ability to buy rupees and vouchers immediately, but what benefit does that serve if we are still not in compliance due to other things?

All removing them does is remove things that the players WANT to buy, yet gain nothing in terms of "are we in compliance yet".

We could take it down, then Mojang still complain about the Residence upgrade, the daily rupee bonus increase, etc.

And we did not have time to change things in time to get those perks in compliance either.

Sure other servers made it by the August 1st, some didn't (Mineplex), but they have one HUGE advantage over us: Their server is their full time job with multiple developers working on it.

Us.... no where close to that. Even Mineplex, with it being a full time job with multiple employees, still didn't even make the 1st deadline.

Were aiming to be around 1 month after at least, which is fairly reasonable considering our resources compared to others.

What matters is that we aren't trying to fight it, and were working to comply.
    I just ask you be patient with the pace - and if Mojang does still email me about it - I will explain the situation to them the same and detail our plans to them in full so they can see we will be compliant.

No loopholes, just trying to get us into compliance and provide the best customer satisfaction we can during this rough transition.

I will now add notes to the page that it will be removed on Sep 1st, and note why its still up.
    I will also add an in game warning to supporters on login on the new established date for perk removals.
    607 and canuckshockey like this.
  12. :)
  13. This was not meant to be a "bad kind of thread" as some may say.

This was just a thread to announce that they are leaving, and to voice their last opinions over things. There is nothing wrong with this thread, it is a healthy conversation and I guarantee this topic would not have the same effect in PM as it is having in this conversation.
    607 likes this.
  14. I feel like when you say the staff have been lying to you, that is not the right word usage. I think what you mean is that you just want to know what the staff are doing to make progress. I do agree that progress updates would help the community and some of the drama (for lack of a better term).
  15. One thing we can do and its up to krysyy on frequency that shes able to do - is something like a weekly or bi-weekly "Status Updates" for the non technical items like I have done in the past from the development side of things. (like: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/development-status-update-4-12-14.38246/ )

Though I do need to try to be more consistent in those too >.< Just so much to do, and political things like this only adds to the workload, but where it can help, its worth doing.
    607, Ark_Warrior1 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  16. Regardless of what I think about the EULA and stuffs, this is incorrect. Mineplex had compliance on the first, and then changed their systems to better, but still compliant ones later. They were very quickly compliant.

My thoughts about rupee selling is that they should have been removed pre-deadline, since it doesn't impact supporters at all, and an attempt to be compliant is better than none at all, but oh well.

We all know I disagree with the EULA... but compliance had plenty of time...
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  17. Yes, I do think this will help ease the minds of people that are tired of waiting for a new feature or a new part to Dragon Tombs, etc.
  18. I'll work on making one, but I warn you. Some of these won't be too exciting to read and I am not going to give out details of what exactly was built each week, but I can give general ideas. I.e. Starting room done vs Platform upon which the X stands done...

What I am trying to say is that I agree and will work on it, though I won't give away the goose and will probably include tantalizing X's and Y's in the description that will just make you curious. :p
  19. I just checked Mineplex's site and I see nothing on the 1st saying they had changes. the only news post was Aug 9th about major changes, and the last one before that was about pricing changes and "working to be in compliance by the 1st" on July 20th.

Also its important to remember Mojang is not doing this to "Be a bad guy". They are doing this to have grounds to go after servers that cause harm with their monetization methods.

The fact we are working to be in compliance makes us not a target. If Mojang started "going after" even the servers that are working to be in compliance, then that would be a pretty evil thing to do, as we and others who are complying are not a threat to Mojang.

TNT is the main thing that we do that upsets Mojang, and as I said that is the current focus of development and I hopefully will be giving it to everyone tonight, as well as flying in Utopia Town.