My New Car

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ttyler333, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Intro

Some of you may of known or seen me on EMC talking about my new car. To make it easier and to provide updates, I am just making a thread. Let me introduce you to Cammy 2.0
    She is a fairly expensive ride for someone that's 22 years old. Price of a small house and boy is she fast. 455 HP and 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. She has a nice exhaust note as well. Soon, hopefully, I will make her a bit louder though.

Modification Wishlist
    • Tint Windows
    • Secondary Cats Removal Completed
    • New Tires
    • Different Heads
    • Bore Intake Manifold
    • Bore Throttle Body
    • Rotofab Cold air Intake.
    • Get a Tuner and a Tune
    • Possible Lowering Springs
    • Strut Tower Brace
    • Procharger
    • Blackout Kit (taillights, headlights,and side markers)

2. Updates: Apparently 0-60 is actually 4 seconds. My tires are about $575-650 a pop. My car payment with insurance is about $675.

Unfortunately, my car has its first knick in a fender. Doubt it can easily be repaired. Looked like the fiberglass actually shredded.. Bummer.
  3. Update 2: Well I hit 3000+ miles. The car apparently has had issues with the sway bar since 2016. GM never fixed the issue from factory. Soo in the near future my car will get that fixed because it clunks over any kind of bump. Looking into making the car louder and tinting the windows.
  4. Update 3: Well, the issue has been fixed but now due to cold weather the front end does pop. Apparently it's normal! Not sure why. Cammy 2.0 has seen her first snowfall too. Drives horribly but works perfectly!

5. Update 4: Video Coming soon!

Note:poor Video Quality I am sorry. First half of video is with the NPP (exhaust flaps closed) and the second half is with them open. Significantly deeper gurgle. Will do a better, newer and higher quality video sometime soon.

I have spent a decent amount of time driving my car and I've put over 15,600 miles on it so far! Recently I drove to Texas (Sorry Eviltoade) and had the secondary catalytic converters cut out of the exhaust. I also took out a bunch of twisted and turned metal which had my X-Pipe attached. So as of right now I do not have an X-Pipe and it sounds pretty good. In the future I may add the X-Pipe back on!

edit: Pics are in! Notice the left pipe is darker than the right. Just the way the muffler is!

Secondary Cats (img Above) pipe is cut after them. Went back after the pics and cut the secondary cats out.Cut right before the AFM valves, which creates back pressure for the v4 / v8 transition. The X-Pipe I had Cutout. Section Removed before the Seconday Cats got taken out.Extra Pic: Wow my muffler sure got blackened as well from that heat!
  6. Beautiful car! Too bad she has some problems with her :(

What kind of job do you have to afford this? :p
  7. The problems have been mostly fixed. Not sure about the scratch as its mostly gone/repaired itself? Must not of been that bad. Unless i am forgetting about a different one. The swaybar issue is fixed but it still clunks backing out of the driveway unless you're going slow. Until I do some aftermarket work, it's going to remain that way :)

AS for work, I was working for General Motors before they eliminated a shift, now i work at a plastic factory that produces sprayers for windex, fabreeze and like 60% of the market.
  8. Interesting, wouldn't of thought of those jobs, haha. How much did you buy the car for?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. OMG.. I LOVE this! this is what it's all about. I used to be careful around stuff like these but no more. The rulebook has been thrown out the window :mad:

Erhmz...

You're just as passionate about your car as I am about my motorcycle. And I love it! It may even inspire me to start my own thread.
    Nickblockmaster and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. After warranties and interest rates, it'll be about $48k.
    Of course! I personally feel that it may spark some interest in some auto mechanical work. I am a web developer and always will be but I am transitioning towards mechanical work. Better to have a car hobby than a drug hobby.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Now I love it even more that you are STILL active and just as driven as before. I think I have some spair oil I'm not using and I may even find some wax to sort it out. One way or another, expect an in-game mail later this week :) I seriously love this. <follows>.
    Equinox_Boss and ttyler333 like this.
  12. For the most part, I've always been active ;) Just may not of been around. Tried keeping up with select players outside of emc. I am back though!! I did just post more pics on post #5
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Update: Cammy 2.0 is about to hit the dyno! Lets see what the RWHP (rear wheel horse power) really is. It's suspected at 455hp, a 15% loss between crankshaft and RWHP. Theoretically thats 386.75hp but I feel It'll say 400-ish. Wish me luck!
  14. According to the Dyno i have 411hp. It was awesome. I'll upload a video.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Mmm that's a nice car
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Long time update: Cammy has been through some troubling times this winter but she's alright. As a reward for her hard work, I recently made a purchase. Once it's arrived I'll post some before and after pics.
  17. Yo lambo all the way boi
    Equinox_Boss and FadedMartian like this.
  18. if you buy me one, ill drive it
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Nice! 6.2 LT1, been wanting to get my hands on that drivetrain. :D
    I have a few things laying around, I would love to shoe horn that engine/trans into!:D
    Equinox_Boss and ttyler333 like this.
  20. Newest update, here is the change i mentioned.

Equinox_Boss likes this.