My first day

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gramercy, Aug 25, 2017.

1. I'm relatively new to minecraft (about 2 months now).

Completely new to multiplayer - I tried one other server before this one (lasted about 2 weeks).

I'm Iooking forward to playing here!

-Gramercy
  2. Welcome to the Empire... Got any questions feel free to ask.
  3. Hello and welcome to EMC! This place has lots of options on how to play and so many different maps to allow you to have many places rather than 1. There are tons of options and features so if you have any questions make sure to ask.

Just a quick couple notes:
    1) the information is easily searched for in google by using Empire Minecraft first, so "empire minecraft residence tags" or "empire minecraft shop sign" will get you to what you want.
    2) if you are wanting to buy things in EMC I suggest starting voting right away and daily. The rewards are great, roughly 250k rupees per 100 days of voting plus quite a few diamonds, emeralds and other special one time voting reward items.
    TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  4. Welcome to the Empire! I'm on smp7 and if you have any questions or need anything feel free to ask.
    ShelLuser and JesusPower2 like this.
  5. Gramercy? Like Gramercy Theater in New York?
  6. Now, I am obviously biased (duh!) but in my opinion you couldn't have picked a better server to start playing. And I'm not just saying that because I happen to enjoy the Empire myself, but because I still remember when I first started playing ;)

See: EMC is "vanilla+", which means so much that although there are plenty of extras and enhancements to the game it'll still be plain old Minecraft at the core. If you're out in the wastelands looking for resources then forget about easily teleporting back home, that's not going to happen. Just like in single player where you'd have some base of operations: when in the waste you'll need to head back to an outpost before you can get back to town (and your residence) again.

Stuff like that... Sure, there's much more to all this. For example: always bring a compass. If you don't have one use: /assist new to get a new (special) one. It can help you find your way back, because once in the waste a compass always points back to the spawn (outpost) you came from. And that makes things a whole lot easier. This is an example of the '+' in 'vanilla+' ;)

The other reason why I mention vanilla+ is because this means that the general source of Minecraft info, the Minecraft wiki, is fully usable here as well. And for anything specific to the Empire there's the EMC wiki which you can use, for example to check up on the specific changes between vanilla.

Anyway.... Hope you're going to have a great time here!

And be sure to ask if some things don't make sense to you. We've all been there, and trust me when I say that EMC can be pretty complex ;)
  7. Welcome to the Empire! :D
    I am glad you found us. :)
  8. Welcome to the Empire Gramercy. I hope to catch you in game sometime. If yer ever on smp1 yer welcome to stop by and say hi. =]

9. Welcome! Beware of smp8 ;)
  10. Welcome to the Empire minecraft :) I guess I have nothing more to say, Shelly beat me on it this time...
    607 likes this.
  11. Welcome to EMC! :)
  12. Welcome to EMC! :D
  13. Yes, indeed! I lived in Gramercy Park section of NYC for 11 years.

Thanks for all the "welcome" posts! Let's see...

--I have been voting every day (who doesn't like Free Stuff?)
    --i love that I need to find my way back to an Outpost (I love a challenge, easy = boring)
    --I don't use the compass, I use smp7map.emc.com on 2nd screen and /loc
    --I love the fact that I can read a list of all the changes from vanila (though I barely learned vanila, yet)
    607, Jelle68 and Eviltoade like this.