My chests have been raided

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by PhoenixC46, May 23, 2019.

1. So i've been away for a few days, come back to find all the chests in my Frontier home have been raided.
    I'm kinda new to this so admittedly i should've built in some defenses or at least protected/hidden them in some way but i wasn't expected to be raided so quickly. (i'm still getting myself setup in the frontier lands)
    If there is anything can be done to the player(s) who raided me then great, and any advice on how i can better protect my stuff in future would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  2. Sorry to hear about this! There is a way to lock chests, By placing a sign above said chest with "[locked]" on the top line, and your ign on the second. This does cost 1k rupees, but its worth it in the end. If you haven't already, try and contact a staff member in game. Hope this helps.
  3. Thanks for the advice, i'll have to look into locking the chests.
    I did try to look for a staff member but none were online at the time so i'll try again another time.
  4. You are supposed to report griefing by using the "contact us" link at the bottom of the web page.
    :)

So sorry you were griefed. It stinks.
  5. I am sorry to hear this happened, my friend. Please PM me what you lost and I will replace it all.

Faded
  6. You can also place a build protected block above your chest, which will also prevent it from being opened. Type /buildmode to make sure the block you place is protected.
  7. Also make sure to place buildmode blocks under the chest, too (So no one can set up a hopper under it :|
  8. I lost like 10 million rupees. I put them under my bed but when I woke up they were gone. I think it was my roommate. Anyway, you'll take care of me on that, right? We're buds.
  9. what kind of items were they? wood/stone type things? you can buy both really cheap at /v +gawa on smp7 ;)
  10. I really don't think this is the place for advertisements, especially when Faded already offered to replace all the stolen goods.
  11. Also not the best idea to just replace all items when we are given the tools to protect our stuff. What kind of lesson is that? ;)
  12. pretty sure this thread was played out like 4 posts before that lol
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  13. Things such as this happens to all of us at one point or another. Especially this being a new player, I believe this is a good second chance for them.

Besides, with both of us being well off in-game, what does this do to our bottom-line wealth? Nothing. I enjoy assisting in these situations, as we all deserve a second chance, especially when newer to EMC.
  14. Agreed, especially when the prices last I checked were falsely advertised as "cheap". I think Gawa is a good person, but man, Gawa, this is not a good time to advertise and attempt to profit on someone else's unfortunate situation; I completely agree with Pete.
    PetezzaDawg likes this.
  15. If it was played out even before that then why did you jump in with your ads after it was supposedly played out?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  16. Already some very good tips above apart from one... you don't always need /buidlmode; if you place a "protected block" then it will always be protected no matter what.

There's a full list on the wiki but the easiest blocks are polished andesite, polished diorite & polished granite. So basically: get 4 of the normal variants, use that to make 'm 'polished' and you have an insta-protected block.

(edit)

This also works in the waste ;)
  17. Thanks everyone for the advice - i had read through the Wiki but some of the commands were a bit confusing (which is ironic since i'm a coder).
    I've started using the [locked] signs above chests but will look into the /buildmode command and start using it.

Thanks to Faded for the offer but as others have rightly said, this happens all the time and is unavoidable. The items lost were not of high value so it was just random items like coal and wooden planks (maybe some tools/weapons).
    It would just be nice if an admin has some way of finding out who did it and punish accordingly.

Overall it hasn't put me off and i'm now constructing a new home in the Frontier which will be a lot better organised ;-)
  18. Everyone i've come across so far has been great, so yeah it sucks that some idiot decided to take my stuff but oh well.
    And guess i need to look into some different doors since the miserable git let them all open :rolleyes:
    I looked at the contact section at the bottom but didn't know if it was the right place - there's a lot of information on this website and it takes a while to consume. Apologies and i'll remember for next time i get raided :)
  19. Hopefully there is no next time! :D
  20. Yes. The information is really hard to find.
    There is actually another post dealing with how hard that info is to find.

:) Hopefully there is no 'next time'
    Gawadrolt and FadedMartian like this.