My 9/11 memorial project.

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by vividOptimism, Sep 11, 2012.

1. I feel like I owe you on the WSR.... I'll donate a "few" gold block's, and a double chest of glowstone
    vividOptimism likes this.
  2. Hey I'll work for free now at the wool farms if I don't have to meet to DC requirements. Now that I now what you are building.
  3. If you work for free, then you can work at your own pace. I can't think of how many floors have been made with wool that you've sheared. Thanks for your help.

As long as your donations are not coming from the WSR contest donations, I'll gladly accept it. Thank you.
  4. Alright. Just set up the chests and I'll get working ASAP. No problem.
  5. I was one year old and I was sleeping when it happened. My mum was pregnant with my little brother and was at work when it happened.
    I'll work up my rupees for a few days, and i'll send a few hundred rupees to you. I'm broke on rupees and always have been. I only have a mere 11k.
  6. I'll pay you 1000 rupees per double chest of white wool. That would help both of us out.
    Either the first post or the 12th post of this thread, there is a link to "hiring sheep shearers". Check it out for more info.
  7. I have a shearing farm on smp3 :) I'll give you a double chest in the coming days?
  8. In the nplaces where you have the cows and sheep you should put the reflecting pools, and when 1.4 comes you can put beacon blocks in
  9. 13 pieces of wool so far :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. They are going to be reflecting pools :) and then some... I'm limited on space, so for now they hold animals. Later I'll add the water.
    As far as the beacon goes I'm either going to put a beacon on the north tower to simulate the radio transmission tower, or have a beacon on both towers to simulate the lights that were lit after they fell.

Great suggestions though, I think you'll love the end result.
    penfoldex and moyaboya like this.
  11. wow this is amazing!
  12. I have a full stack of wool now. I am distracted with the sears tower at the moment.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  13. I've cleaned up this thread, and let's keep it on topic please.
  14. This is an amazing job Vivid!!! I was always going to start a project of such, but then I havn't been in-game for a very long time... So great job, and right when I can get back in game I will donate a few rupees that I have seet aside for you!

As I said before, You have done a great job on this 9/11 memorial, and I strongly, strongly encourage you to follow through with this project.

Yours truly,

Cchiarell6914
  15. Thank you for your support. I feel energized about this project. I think it is all of the positive feed back I've been getting. I decided to redo the roofs of both towers. That's what I'm working on now. My goal is, in two weeks the north tower will be complete. Aside from glowstone. I will then lock down the north tower and begin inside, what I belive is the true soul of this build. Then the south tower will be locked down. Eventually the entire residents will be locked to movement and dirt walls will be built. Everyone will see what im talking about during the unveiling. I'm excited just thinking about it.
  16. Great, great Job! I'm very, very excited to see the memorial, when it is completed. As far as you know, have you came up with a "Grand Opening" date yet?
  17. I'd be lying if I told you a date. It really depends on resources and how side tracked I get. For instance my entire day today was spent grinding. 7 enchanted picks later I didn't get the silk I was after. I should have just ripped the roofs off, resmelted the cobble and put the roofs back on. Today was a waste. I could have gotten so much done.
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  18. Well... Okay! We gotta keep in touch, so that I'll be the first one to know the date.....:)
  19. All of the 50 ceilings are in place (thank God). Thank you to everyone that helped collect wool for me. 1250 stacks to be exact.

I'm in need of a few things to keep this project rolling.

Chandelier ideas . I suppose just post a picture here if you have an idea.

I'll have 9 or 10 vacant floors per tower. I don't know what to do with these. One idea was to try and make wool flags on the floors for all the nations that lost a citizen. That's 58 flags.
    Do you have any ideas?

Sand or sandstone (who doesn't :p)
    gold blocks
    roses
    flowers
    glowstone
    penfoldex likes this.
  20. A memorial within the building? And you're welcome Vivid! After all, I owed you.;)