Music visualized using Maya 2017

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by TheCrimeLime, Apr 27, 2017.

1. I just created this, programs used are Maya 2017, Adobe After Effects 2015, and Fcheck.
    Took about 2-3 hours including both renders.
    Please give me some feedback! I have a basic tutorial on how to do this on my channel as well, videos from how to do this exact thing, to how to make a riot shield, and a car crash physics tutorial about to go up.
    Thanks for watching!

Also I am taking requests to make whatever you want within reason, (I am no pro).
    ShelLuser and Doorfne like this.
  2. How did you do the audio animation? Is that something built into Maya?
    TheCrimeLime likes this.
  3. Yes, using a plugin called MASH that comes with Maya, and a bit of tweaking. Heres how I did it;
  4. it doesn't look like it matches the music at all? It looks like you animated the square thing then put a random song on top
    TheCrimeLime likes this.
  5. Huh well it look's like it was working to me. I could of tweaked the settings a bit more to make it match perfectly, and subdivided it a lot. If you take a look at my tutorial, it shows exactly how I did it. In fact, while I was rendering the tutorial, I just continued on and rendered the animation through maya, so no, I didn't drag some cubes around. I might try and make another than looks better later but it was supposed to be a basic tutorial, that's what I made my channel for!
  6. How much will one set me back?
    TheCrimeLime likes this.
  7. Haha, if you want me to make you one that's a bit better, I can do it for free, as long as you shoutout my channel wherever you use it.
  8. Okay. May I PM you my order later?
    TheCrimeLime likes this.
  9. Anytime!