Mr. Nice now has his Rant

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Olaf_C, Jan 30, 2014.

?

Are new players like Internet Explorer

Yes 34 vote(s) 52.3%
No 7 vote(s) 10.8%
Maybe 8 vote(s) 12.3%
Banana 9 vote(s) 13.8%
Is that how you spell banana correctly? 7 vote(s) 10.8%
  1. Woohoo!! yea baby! Gimme sponge :D

Oh darn.. i got to be on the leaderboard? doh I'll have to buy it.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. Hmm I don't know how I feel about this so expect a comment from me later telling what I think...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. The new members can be a bit of a pain, just the other day I heard somebody spam "Anybody have 15r, I need a Bottle O' Enchanting", I asked if he needed XP, he then said yes.

How could he not know about the Wastelands and Wilderness? It is in the Tutorial AND the Empire Guide.

Will say more after school.
    Importerer and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. I ranted on a different post about new players, I don't remember where it is so I can't quote it but,
    I'm not new, but I'm not old, roughly about 108 days old. I've read the rules, following them to the best I can, and help others learn things they don't know about rules. I try to know everything I can on this server, and of course I'm more open to helping new players, but the thing I can't stand is you get 1 good person out of every 10 annoying person. For example, (I will not name people) I posted a thing in chat saying I was trading mob heads for player heads, or if people just want to sell me their heads it's fine, a few moments later a player came onto my lot, asking me where the lobby was, if you ever been to my plot, you know the lobby tp is right next to where you spawn, the person walked around my whole plot clueless, so I had to stop working and find them. That is not the part I'm complaining, I take them to the lobby of my mall, they look around then said if I wanted I could have their head, I said sure. Next thing I knew I was very tense because I just knew, due to this new player intake that the player was going to say(And did may I add) "How do I get my head?" I told the player and still, got confused, so I gave up on them. That's annoying when I can guess what people are going to say to me because the new players don't know anything. They skip (Or used to, I saw the picture Aikar posted of how much the skipping happens now) or just don't retain the knowledge.

Another part of my big thing is, what about the players not interested in dragon tombs like myself? What can be provide for us? Of course the empire team is busy with dragon tombs, and they hold events. But I personally have no interest in dragon tombs, and some of the events I cannot go to because of timing or the fact that there is always someone messing around ruining fun (Not always, but almost all mod events I went to, and player events).
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. I suppose we'd need to know more about what interests you personally. Being a Survival server, the events and Dragon Tombs are a big part of what we'd assume players are here for in the first place. Of course, it seems, there are instances such as you who might not like those things, but if it's not Survival stuff you're here for, what is your main 'draw' to EMC?

We could better answer what we provide for you with that information. :)
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. There is planned to be a Games World with the following confirmed activities
    • Battleship
    • Horse Racing
    • Timed Maze
    • Nether Spleef
    • Creature Capture
    • Mob Arena
    And even more to come. If that does not get you excited then I do not know what does.
  7. Over the past weeks/months I've had to learn how to deal with stupidity. Kind of a survival skill if you live on smp1. But oh well, I guess like Aikar said it will even out eventually.
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  8. When I found the server, I googled this exactly "Minecraft towny servers" And what I found was a server with a town, and if that didn't strike my interest, an outpost. I guess what I would like the see is the game world get worked on more like Sky said. What I do on empire is run a shop with horses, so many a new event involving races (Pigs, horse, on foot) would interested me, with different tracks, it's doable, and I could do it myself if I had enough alts.

And thats the reason I've stayed, is in hope after DT, that this will be completed also. Another idea for it could be a sky block world added into the world.
  9. I get a ton of questions from private message. Every other day I am asked, "r u a mod? I need halp!".
  10. Well it's alright for some >_>

( :p )
  11. Most of the time when someone continually begs for money and they've been told how to get money and offered jobs and they refuse them, I think people mostly /ignore.

Like you, I do what I can and know that feeling too well. What really makes me facepalm is the people who come straight out of the tutorial and then start asking "How do I claim a res?" "Why can't I build?". I understand when it comes to forgetting how to craft something because I forget at times as well but if it's a case like my cousin, who's 12, he expects you to tell him everything, TP him everywhere, give him stuff and ask for OP, then I'm gonna get annoyed.

We actually had someone on SMP7 who basically bought minecraft, joined the server and had no idea how to make things so he would ask us how to craft everything, and everyone actually found it funny.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. If I could make a suggestion, how about something like a Veteran's server. Where players that are for example 365 days old at least on the server and when they are qualified they may claim a residence on said server disregarding your residence count. Just like some kind of promotion for people that have been playing longer than most :)

EDIT: Should I make this in to a suggestion topic?
  13. I do not know about that. Seems like a waste
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I like this idea... But make it 300 days... Maybe also allow admin approved accounts to join too, after all, people who have Alts would want to be able to use those too (like me :))
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. whats funny is that regular players (who have applied for mod) are complaining about questions mods get every day :p
    607, mba2012, Equinox_Boss and 10 others like this.
  16. IF there was a server like that, I doubt we'd want alts to have access to it unless they were over the minimum "age".
    queendiva1, mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  17. As a boy scout leader, I have to deal with a lot of this stupidity without a /ignore command. What I have found the best way to help newer people mature into better and more independent players (or in my case scouts) is to be the example for them, provide resources to help themselves (give them a link to the wiki, business forum posts, etc) and maybe a pickaxe to give them that kickstart to start collecting their own resources.

Don't just /ignore, or they will have a reason to leave. If you help them out then maybe in the future they might help you out. I have met plenty of new players, helped them out and wound up becoming great friends with them.
    607, mba2012, Equinox_Boss and 2 others like this.
  18. I have to admit, I am active on smp3, and really only around 40 percent of the people there are ones who have played for a long time or who really take it "seriously", so they wont just get banned then quit it. The rest are really new people, and yes it is starting to get a bit annoying. I know we want EMC to grow, but it would be good for you to do something about the more active members, for people who have stayed loyal to EMC for hundreds of days.
    I really cant complain or anything, I just said what i think of it. :)

Luckypat
    Equinox_Boss and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  19. Though I can't say much, I do must note on one subject.
    Money is not more important.
    Bad. D:<
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  20. From a profit stand point it is. Not life or moral, but it is when you are thinking purely business.
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.