More Moderators Incoming!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Well I'm not 18 but in my own humble opinion I'm reasonably mature, I certainly put my all into the application.
  2. Which is why some people either hide their age or lie about their age
    mba2012 and sideshowallie like this.
  3. People are just afraid. These days, you learn so much about internet safety, cyber-bulling, and horrible kidnappings, identity theft, and murder, that many people simply become unwilling to share any information whatsoever about themselves. I honestly understand where they're coming from, especially younger people. Are you more likely to be attacked as a teen or as a forty-year-old?
    gabeli likes this.
  4. Adult is but a good mindset, sir.
    sideshowallie likes this.
  5. Both. Just the people teaching you about Cyber-bullying and stuff go over the top with what they say and make it look like saying anything on the internet equals someone tracking you down and killing you.

The chances of that happening are so small whenever it does happen, it makes big news. But often when it does happen, it's pretty bad.
    hashhog3000 and samsimx like this.
  6. Well as you may of noticed, Age has been removed from the forums, and i encourage people to not reveal their age.

This is for the protection of the players, as malicious people prey on younger people who are more vulnerable and trusting.
  7. I think it might be better if you change the default value of displaying your age to false or remove age from being publicly displayed. Since you aren't asking for age in the registration form anymore, then I think there is possibility that you may be in violation of this act because an age restriction is no longer enforced. A simple warning on the registration form would OK from what I've read, but I can't be too sure. I think it would be best to be on the safe side.
  8. Everyone's been talking about mod soul pieces, but what do you think these new "dragon stone fragments" really are?
    Clearly Aikar, by some strange sorcery, is sacrificing the souls of mods to speed up the development of Dragon Tombs; that's why ICC is trying to get new recruits. I can only imagine what actually happened to JustinGuy :eek:
  9. What if when you put 9 stones on a crafting table you get a pot renamed to "(random mods name's) Soul"?
    Also 1800th post!
  10. what if we stay on topic? :confused:
  11. You obviously do not know the EMC moderation threads. This is normal compared to most things you will find on other staff application threads. The thing about the "Mod Block" was relevant. It was brought up as a promo which was relevant to this, then this wove into the scenario.
    607 and slash14459 like this.
  12. please excuse me if im missing something very simple (i do that kinda often) but i still don't see how that's relevant.
  13. Technically, you are correct, it's off-topic. :)

But given the Author of the thread is the topish authority, It's pretty much his call as to the content of his thread. So if he's ok with it, go with it. :p (On a Side note, ICC might be outside of what is commonly thought of as 'normal', or 'sane', so this kind of non-sense is to be expected. It's harmless fun right?). And also, ICC picks the mods/staff for the most part, so I believe. So... yea, people go with it. ;)

I think basically that's what Olaf was saying...
    cube45 likes this.
  14. The rule of moderator applications is that you don't talk about the application.

Therefore, it's kinda best to NOT stay on topic. :p
    PenguinDJ, 607, brickstrike and 2 others like this.
  15. Actually no, rule #1 is "Do you need to know their age? If not, don't ask it".

COPPA is why I removed the question.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. since we cant stay on topic, i got a new kitten!
  17. omg pics
  18. New kitty >.< need pics now
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  19. I'm just here to tell everyone what a wise old man told me today..
    I found him in the sewers under 1111.
    He told whoever applied, can see if they'll ever become staff: Behind the third cow at ICC's hidden moon.
    He also told me cube got a kitty and we need picsss :)
    607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.