#MoopleHasWeirdMinecraftControls

Discussion in 'Share Your Let's Plays and Other Videos!' started by MoreMoople, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Haha, that's creative! When you did this, was I still the default key for opening the inventory?

Interestingly, I showed this video to my sister just yesterday. :D
    Her main question: why don't you use a mouse?
    MoreMoople likes this.
  2. Well, I typically play with my laptop on my lap on my bed and I don't want to find a hard surface to properly use a mouse on. ;) Also, I've played Minecraft using a trackpad since 2011 when I first purchased it. :D
    607 likes this.
  3. For years, I played MC with a laptop scratch pad. It isn't bad - just don't play pvp.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  4. So THAT'S why I've been made fun of for PvP all these years? :eek:
    __Devil_, wafflecoffee and ArkonXT like this.
  5. Haha I used a trackpad for a while for PvP but I find that movement and such is easier with a mouse. I do enjoy using my trackpad for more comfortable arrangements on my bed tho.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  6. And if they don't have buttons clicking the lower right portion of the trackpad still results in a right click :D Middle click is indeed often more difficult.
    607 likes this.
  7. Depends on the trackpad. With my Mac, the ENTIRE trackpad is left click, including the lower right portion. To right click, I have to hold control and click or click the track pad with two fingers pressed together (neither of which are very conducive to Minecraft, though believe it or not I HAVE played right-clicking with the control-click method before).
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  8. Yeah, that's just Macs being weird :p I use right click all the time, couldn't imagine living without it. :p
  9. For my "use" key, I use the "Z" key on the keyboard. No joke.
    My sister and cousins do as well. I have taught them in the ways of the Stnywitness!
    MoreMoople likes this.
  10. Came across this today and all I have to say is just wow... This is definitely not what I'm used to xD
  11. That looks super complicated... and no mouse looks like it would take forever to build. :confused:

Also, you should hide the search bar and the Cortana button on your taskbar... unless you actually use those :p (and Microsoft Store)

__Devil_ and MoreMoople like this.
  12. Lol, your voice is soothing- Very weird controls I must say indeed- :D
    UltiPig, 607 and MoreMoople like this.
  13. Do we need a gofundme to get you a mouse?
    __Devil_, 607, ChespinLover77 and 5 others like this.
  14. Laptop+touchpad team!

Lefthand:
    Mostly touch pad to look around
    D - drop
    E - inventory

Righthand:
    Arrow keys - Move
    Right-Alt - Place
    Right-Ctrl - Break
    Page Up - Crouch
    Enter - Pick block
    607 and MoreMoople like this.
  15. and space to jump - forgot that :D
    MoreMoople likes this.
  16. Woah, you must have a very big hand (or a very small keyboard, or a balance between the two :p). :eek:
    It's hardly even physically possible to strafe to the right while sneaking and placing blocks, like this. :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. Maybe my keyboard is weird? Right-ALT and Right-CTRL are right beside the arrow keys...
  18. Huh, interesting! How about Page Up, then? Maybe take or share a picture. :p I'm intrigued about your layout now.

Hm, my brother plays Re-Volt (an RC racing game that I should perhaps write another review about, in a new thread) using only the numpad (and as such only needs one hand), I wonder if Minecraft could be played like that too!
    There are 17 buttons on the numpad, surely that's enough? Although wait... looking around will be difficult. :p It isn't even possible to look around without the mouse in Java Minecraft, is it?
    MoreMoople likes this.