[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want a marlix pet!
  2. The new rules actually open up so many loop holes to the point it's basically the same dang thing. For instance, you can sell access to a server, servers that use Bungee are made up of multiple servers. So you can sell access to a specific server which on join gives you items. Those items are not part of selling access to that server, it's part of how that individual server works. You can't give per player special permissions for donating, but if it's a donate only server everyone has the same privileges.

So pretty much you set up XYZ package which gives you access to "Diamond Server" and when you 'join' that server you get diamond armor, just an example. Completely legal, completely follows the terms they laid out, but in the end creates the same dang issue they are trying to fix making all of these changes useless.

--More on topic here though with what is currently being talked about. Previous Diamond supporters have already paid for access to Utopia, it was one of the reasons listed on being part of that rank. It being it's own server and all, I feel that people who previously bought access to that server should still have access. I think even from a legal side of things you have to, seeing as it was part of the original agreement made when paying for the service.

As for TNT, I don't really know why that is being focused on so much, as it's not that useful to start with. How often do you guys actually use TNT to benefit you in anyway? It blows up a 3x3x3 (27 blocks max) per TNT, which cost 5 pieces of gun powder and 4 pieces of sand. High cost for such minuscule results. Pretty sure digging with Eff 5 shovel is faster anyway, and is more accurate, not to mention you don't destroy server resources. The only way TNT is faster to break stuff up, is placing a lot of it, and you guys are talking about limiting how many you can place per X minutes. Doesn't that just make redundant to even have it enabled at all?

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet (lightly brushed through the last few pages) is the number of residences you can have. How is that going to work as it's getting removed? People that have multiple now get to keep theirs?
  3. It's been mentioned that server is determined potentially by "connected to IP" - meaning that everything on a bungeecord has to be open if anything is. That said, that's not confirmed - and we can expect that being cleared up in the Q&A on Monday.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  4. I really don't like the whole idea of no mixing between supporters and non-supporters. I have no idea why Mojang would even think for a second that that's a good idea! The only thing it accomplishes is splitting communities in two, and I have no idea why anyone would like that. If this means that I'm losing my supporter friends, then I am totally taxing Mojang employees extra once I become supreme ruler of Earth.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. I think this is a really good idea actually, it would allow former supporters to access their residences on utopia and not allow them to lose their beloved creations. I still think that 'former supporters' should only be allowed limited access though
  6. It's just segregation, like what happened in the 1960's in the USA.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  7. What about those of us who have residences on utopia but are no longer supporters? Will we get to move that to another server? I currently have very little on mine but I would like to maintain having a fourth residence.
    DragaoNimhe likes this.
  8. What about players that supported before and have res's there? What happens to them?
    DragaoNimhe likes this.
  9. ...Like my Horse Racetrack that I just opened last week. I put thousands of rupees into it's creation and opening, and the only way it would be possible NOT on utopia would be by combining multiple res's (because otherwise the track would be way too small.) This change will completely kill my ability to run it, there aren't enough donators that care about horse racing to keep it afloat. This is honestly REALLY upsetting to me, to the point where I think if this is implemented I might need a break from EMC to calm down. I just switched to the computer version 3 months ago and it's already breaking my heart. :/
    pyro_vampiress likes this.
  10. This situation is unfortunately more than something that just falls under what EMC wants to do and what the players want. Servers now, if not doing things careful enough to Mojang's rules, have the risk of being blocked from the Mojang service all together (meaning if they found say EMC breaking the EULA, they could block players from connecting to EMC all together).

It's certainly not an easy thing that was put on server owners and there's no real EASY way to patch it up like other problems could have.
    PenguinDJ and MrUnknownian like this.
  11. As ICC said, this is completely out of our control.

Mojang is forcing us.

To answer the many questions posted above - I said in another post I will be granting "Legacy" access to Utopia for previous supporter who still have a Residence on the server in the form of a "Coupon" to comply with mojang rules....But it will be limited to the same level of access as today.

So some who do not have an active sub will keep access, but newer supporters will be subject to KEEPING the subscription active to keep access to the server entirely.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  12. When will the required supporter go into effect. I've been a supporter but I just claimed a utopia res yesterday. Does that mean I will always have access or need to keep access
  13. I know it's not your fault. <3

I'm just hurting right now, but I can't imagine how you feel... all our outcry turned onto you. :(
  14. The reason i edited that phrase out is because I had misread a post, I realized this is mojang forcing this on us. Darn you and your 30-second reaction time. XD
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  15. Well to be fair, yes they are forcing following the EULA, but they aren't forcing how you do it, there is still choices to be made.

As said in my last post there is no reason to recharge people who have paid in the past, they paid for access to that server before they should have the right to go back as they have purchased access before. There is also the fact that hardly anyone plays on Utopia anyway, tieing a subscription to it will only kill it more, no one is going to pay $20 a month to be on an empty server, even if the plots are twice the size. Plus if you have to keep free and donator separate, this means you can't have any sort of player to player communication between the servers, further killing the idea.

I am still interested in seeing how you plan to fix the 'extra' residences earned from donating, as this is something that won't be allowed anymore. I had asked in my last post above if the ones we already have we get to keep or if they are being removed.
    battmeghs likes this.
  16. Fastest support in the west! * Blows smoking gun *
    MrUnknownian and DragaoNimhe like this.
  17. Guys I think if this remains in effect let mojang do it notch loses money well then hopefully he realizes he made minecraft wrong
  18. omg o.o my mall is a second res. *whimpers*
  19. From what has been said, coupled with a 'Grace Period' for server owners to adjust, they have not made any claims stating that any previous purchases or perks must be accounted for. Just the 'from herein', that seems to be the goal really. 'We know you have been doing it, so we are saying stop.' Not that anything has to be reverted. I, in all honesty, am happy to see these changes. Not because they are GOOD, but I am person that likes to see creativity in affect. What these enforcement changes will do, is either force server owners to get creative, thus making servers more unique than before based on how they handle these limitations, or the non-creative sorts found in this rank will panic into oblivion.

This in the end, will help promise more quality servers across the minecraft world. Yeah, it was cool when ANYONE could just start a server, but the problem after that, was that ANYONE could just make money off of it too. This means good AND bad people. Children who did not know exactly what they were getting into, were charging other children massive amounts of money just for the sake of getting the money from it. This prevents cookie-cutters from just slapping the latest plugins they searched for on a server, and throwing permissions everywhere, and find the hardest pay wall to climb, and calling themselves Minecraft. It forces only the quality to survive.

I see that in the end, we will forget that this was even a thing, and just move on.
  20. what i said
    NathanRP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.