Moderators Wanted!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Well what wisepen said.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. i have a few questions

1. is there an age restriction
    2. Do we have to have a console
    3. Do we have to have skype
    4. do we keep our supporter status
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. 1. No
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Possibly
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Same as above, but I can clarify number 4.

You can choose to donate, but it does nothing, I don't think. Mods get all diamond perks plus some.
  5. Bump! Remember that you will not be considered if you do not apply.
  6. What if I pretend to apply, will you pretend to consider me?
  7. Well that's a change from the past lol.
    Equinox_Boss and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. By applying you answer a few very important questions that we need before considering you.
    If you don't show us that you are interested, then it is unwise for us to ask you to be interested. We'd rather choose people that actively WANT to help and the way to show us that is by applying.
    Equinox_Boss, FDNY21 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Makes sense. I'm just still used to the days where 95% of mods didn't even apply. :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. I think it was more like 25%, but I get your point. ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Just want to clarify something here. So I was talking with somebody, and they said that they had been told that if they wanted to, they could reapply even though they had applied in April. So I wanted to ask if the general rule here was that you shouldn't apply no matter what if you had already applied back in April, or if the general rule was that if you felt that your views/values have changed enough to need a new application then you should reapply. Sorry, that sentence even confused me, but you probably get my drift. :p Anyway, I'd appreciate a clarification on this. Thanks! :)
    Equinox_Boss and FDNY21 like this.
  12. If you feel the need to reapply, then please feel free to. :)
  13. Okay I will... >.> :p jk
  14. Oh boys. Best of luck to everyone who applies. :3
  15. Unfortunately, there are people that actively want to help but get dejected when they are not up to snuff to even be considered even after trying hard to do so for however long it takes.. I know this because I was one of them, but I lack the perseverance to keep getting my hopes up, unfortunately.. :oops:
    Equinox_Boss and sambish20 like this.
  16. That's part of the learning curve. You'll come back stronger next time and you may get chosen :)
    Equinox_Boss, PenguinDJ and wisepsn like this.
  17. I'm pretty sure the last thing the staff wants to do is discourage anyone from applying, just because you got dejected any other time doesn't mean you will this time. The staff has to go over hundreds of these things and just sort out the good from the bad, then sort the good from the ones who fit the role of staff. Then they select only a handful of those people. They filter it so much that even people who are perfect for a staff member can get caught in the net. It's like krysyy has said, they don't know you want to be staff, until you've applied to be staff. :)
    Equinox_Boss, 607, wisepsn and 2 others like this.
  18. lol, then I must have flunked kindergarten because I have been trying for over 2 years.. :oops:
    Equinox_Boss and sambish20 like this.
  19. A perfect explanation there. Just a word of advice for everyone who has applied, try not to drop hints that you've applied. As the application states, don't talk about the application. If you've put in the hard effort to apply, you don't want to be instantly rejected by making a silly mistake :) After all, staff have to be a roll model for EMC!
    Equinox_Boss, 607, HeIusion and 3 others like this.
  20. While it does say not to talk about applying, Krysyy has said in the past that it isn't a auto-rejection.:)
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and sambish20 like this.