[Mob Suggestion] Aquatis, the ocean boss

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Digition, May 8, 2018.

1. Greetings, developers and fellow citizens of Empire Minecarft!
    I've come up with a new overworld boss, which may be appropriate for when update Aquatic comes to EMC, which I've called Aquatis.

Size comparison:

General information & description:
    Aquatis is a feminine in appearance human-lionfish hybrid made out prismarine, which wields two iron swords that she uses with great grace alongside other guardian-related powers. Also

Spawning:
    This mob will spawn at the ocean monument as a very rare guardian variant of the regular guardian, using the mechanism that will mark all the guardians as checked so that they may never transform, with only a tiny fraction of the percent spawning the miniboss. The spawning mechanism would have a mechanic that would prevent it from spawning inside Guardian farms, perhaps a timer, which will mark the guardian as regular when they go under their regular spawning height or die before that.
    If the spawning is successful, nearby players will be notified: "The ocean is calling".

Battle initiation:
    At low-mid difficulties, similar to already existing bosses, such as Marlix and Momentus, she will be neutral and ignore the player until damaged. It will still be moving regularly, but its follow range would be at zero, making her effectively blind.
    At higher difficulties, she will be aggressive right away.

Battle:
    At this moment of development, she's basically a reskin of an elder guardian, but I plan to give some of the following abilities when I'll have more time:
    First of all, she would have several phases, through which she'll go through as her health goes down. Their amount and composition would differ at each difficulty. Haven't pinpointed their order and the attacks she'll be using during each one of them.
    Secondly, here's the list of attacks that I've thought of attacks and behaviors that I've thought of:
    - Closing distance (the move is used when the player is in the farther parts of it's follow range; will charge in the direction the player is at at a high speed)
    - Standard laser (the regular attack of a guardian, will be used at a distance)
    - Slash combo (when close to the player, she will initiate a sequence of heavy aoe attacks, which will damage even several players in the attack range; goes in order: small in front (damages players in a sector in front of her), bigger in front(a bigger sector with a bigger angle and radius), spin (damages everything around her in an even bigger radius); the attack will also give various negative effects, will have higher speed on higher difficulties/ as the fight progresses)
    - Charge attack (used in medium range, charges towards the player, similar to such bosses in terraria as the eye of Cthulu & duke Fishron; will be faster and have more precise tracking on higher difficulties)
    - "To my aid!" (buffs random nearby guardians, turning them into enraged ones, which will have increased follow range and various positive effects and/or attributes)
    - Guarding ring (an interphase, which she enters when taken a certain amount of damage, summons 4 powered up guardians that will circle around her in a near perfect circle, is highly resistant to any damage until all 4 of those guardians are defeated)
    - Pufferfish away? (potentially a scrapped ability; would make her summon several pufferfish if a player is way too close)
    I might add more abilities in the future, as well as tweak some suggested ones.

Drops:
    Haven't thought about it too much, but one of the rarer drops would be the heart of the sea, as I imagined that it might be a neat addition and would be a nice, alternative way of getting one. Also, will drop an item containing her true name only at difficulty 10, but with a guarantee.

Lore:
    A long time ago, before even Aikar came around, there existed an ancient empire, the power and wealth of which was beyond its time. It was ruled by a mighty empress, who ruled by force and order, with a gift along her side - even with her men of thousands, she was her own best guard. No one knew the art of combat just as freely as her grace. Alongside this gift of battle, her youth stayed with her this whole time. Mighty, smart and never aging - how could such highness face her end?
    Alas, the end had come. Not all were happy with her rule. Although no one could strike her outside, demise had come within her walls. Her people had covered her like bees, sealing her alive in granite sarcophagus. From flames of former glory, she was thrown into the sea.
    A long time after, thousands years later, she was awakened by the power, that given life to her long-lost realm. Now sealed in sea-green stone, alongside gifts from the life aquatic, she swims with fishes, a husk of her former self. Her soul is able to be freed by combatants, worthy of her might, but she won't free herself for sake of it. Until then, her real name shall be a secret, even to her grace. For now she's known as Aquatis.

Conclusion:
    So, what do you think of this new miniboss I've come up with? Do you think it is appropriate for EMC? Also, give me some feedback on this topic. This can become really cool! :D
  2. Looks nice, I would like to fight with her
    ZanDarkin and Digition like this.
  3. ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  4. Thank you for displaying those images, I was struggling to make those visible on my screen.
    Sydney_43 likes this.
  5. wonder what he could drop... :confused:
  6. Digition likes this.
  7. Have seen her in person - can't wait to fight her for real! :)
    ZanDarkin and Digition like this.
  8. It looks cool but my only concern is that most current bosses are fully based on vanilla mobs and vanilla game design. I mean: the fire part? Just a mere Minecraft command to make that work (and another to make the mob resistant to fire damage).

This looks like something designed using mods which would make it a lot harder to implement this on the Empire.

So although I really like the images and the explained setup I'm still going with +0 on it.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. What would Probably be better would be a Drown with special armor and head with the banners cuz the armor stand movements will take a lot of coding for the devs
    ForeverMaster likes this.
  10. Also could drop a enchanted heart of the sea that when held in off hand gives water breathing a dolphins grace 1
  11. Actually, there are no mods involved with this or any of my other bosses. Everything is made using features Mojang have implemented themselves, like all of the commands you can use in your vanilla singleplayer. It's all vanilla, even more than EMC mobs are, as those use plugins to work.

No, it wouldn't. Not for her, at least. That would nullify and uglify everything she has going for her and I would not want to see Aquatis in such form on any world or server.

Emm... No as well. Yes, she would drop a heart of the sea (as you can see one embedded in her chest), but it will mostly be a regular one. Although there would be an extra special variation, that would drop only on the highest difficulty (Torment), would be called by Aquatis' real name and do something more than just give you some potion effects.
  12. Care to share those? :)
  13. Gladly! I will show you if you can provide a server where I can use command blocks on. :)
  14. Why not just copy & paste the command? Just use a [code][/code] segment and you should be all ok. I'm assuming it's only one summon command, right?

For example, here's one of my favorite custom spawn eggs (note: this is best used in a function because of the color codes):

Code:
    give @s minecraft:spawn_egg 1 0 {EntityTag:{id:"minecraft:llama",Tame:1,Temper:1,ChestedHorse:1,Variant:1,Strength:5,DecorItem:{id:"minecraft:carpet",Damage:6,Count:1,tag:{display:{Name:"§aAya's cloth",Lore:["§3§ob/c Llamas are cool! ^.^","§6§lSpecial Server Stuff","§b§l§oUnbreakable"]},ench:[{id:71,lvl:1}],Unbreakable:1,HideFlags:4}},Items:[{id:"minecraft:skull",Damage:3,Count:1b,Slot:9b,tag:{SkullOwner:{Name:AyanamiKun,Id:"d213de92-2600-4969-99e6-71fee310d96f"},display:{Name:"§a§lAyanamiKun's head",Lore:["§5§lStaff head","§6§lSpecial Server Stuff","§4§oCursed!"]},ench:[{id:10,lvl:1}],HideFlags:1}}]},display:{Name:"§d§l§oLlamayamiKun",Lore:["§a§oAyanamiKun's pet","§6§lSpecial Server Stuff"]},ench:[{id:34,lvl:5}],HideFlags:1}

15. This is something I would love to battle indefinitely :p
    Digition likes this.
  16. Wow! This sounds great! I love the idea of another mini-boss especially a water based one. I'd stay in the ocean batteling till my fingers were prune :p
    Digition likes this.
  17. It’s very nice, but emc is a vanilla server and having a couple armor stands running around wouldn’t be vanilla