Mob Arena 1.9: Tuesday, May 31st

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, May 31, 2016.

1. Well, I can understand the confusion here. Because when players enter the PVP arenas then they can fight it out to their hearts desire and the only thing they risk "losing" is their head (and even that can be toggled). So within that logic it seems a bit off that this doesn't apply to mob arena.

To my knowledge this aspect isn't really made obvious (at least not in the OP, I'll be checking out the wiki in a moment and provide updates if required and/or possible) so I can well understand that someone familiar with the PVP arenas would assume the same protection to apply to the mob arena.
  2. I think that it is made obvious as before you enter the arena you get this message:
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Sorry for 2 posts quickly after each other, I felt it didn't really help to edit my post above.

If you're going to attend an EMC event then it's usually a good idea to check their wiki page so you can see what it is all about. Here (link) is an overview of all the events (and locations) on EMC.

In this case it is fair because all the drops in the arena are added to the main winners prize chest. That's the whole point in the game; players who die lose their items and by doing so add up to the eventual prize pool.

Though I still stand by what I said above: I do agree that it's not fully made clear. IMO it might have been better if they added a link to the wiki page so that people could learn of these hazards up front. I'll make a (wiki) suggestion out of that in a moment.
  4. True, but I can understand that people run in, can't wait to see what happens next and then totally ignore that message, even unintentionally.

The same thing (more or less) applies to the Empire Shop. I think the staff did an outstanding job by adding a nearly impossible to miss warning about the high prizes yet we still get players who somehow manage to ignore all that. You can't warn everyone, but maybe a small addition could help.