MOAR questions :D

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Fred_TWK, Apr 13, 2021.

1. hi, it's me again, trying to learn about the server :D

1. I read around about downloading your res, but I can't find anything about it on the wiki. Is this something still available?
    2. I ask because the same post (that I can't find now) mentioned the use of a schematica mod to guide yourself in building at your res (basically: download your res-> do the build you want in creative locally to check that everything is fine->create a schematic-> use it as a blueprint ). again, is this possible?
    3. wither fights, what is allowed? the no-glitch-using policing makes me think that the bedrock method is not allowed, but I found the setup for it ready in the end waste.
    4. also, does the nether star drops every time the wither dies, or does the player need to be dealing the killing blow?
    5. treasure chests, what is the average time between resets? also, do they reset even if a player leaves a block of dirt in it (actual example)?
  2. :D
    There are no staff-provided or official services that provide this, but you can use the World Downloader mod or Litematica mod pursuant with the rules outlined on the Conditionally Approved Mods page. If you're only saving your own builds, you should be a-ok :)
    I have no experience with World Downloader, but I know Litematica allows you to make a schematic of your residence / any build, and use the tool wand to paste it into a creative world :)
    The nether star always drops, but you have the chance to get one or two additional nether stars on a high difficulty ;)

Not sure about the other two questions, hopefully someone else can answer those :)
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  3. "high" as in? above 7?
  4. That's right :)
    Fred_TWK likes this.
  5. I have been downloading my own residences using WorldDownloader for years now. All of my builds are planned in creative, which means that I will download the world, plan it out fully, and then build it in survival using the litematica mod. I would highly advice doing this, especially when you're adding on to an existing build, and want to test some stuff.
    I have also done this a lot to test whether some redstone I did in survival works. Flying machines can break drastically when builded incorrectly, so downloading the world to test it in creative first is a great way to make sure nothing breaks :)
    I have heard using WorldDownloader in the Wild cam also be allowed, when it is used to download only your own builds, but I would be very carefull doing it, as it can quickly become a form of x-ray-ing.
    In general though: WorldDownloader is a mod that is allowed with asterisk: you can use it, but you should make sure it isn't a form of x-ray.

People have been trapping withers in bedrock for years, and it has been shown on the forums countless times. There is no distinct rule for it (since, indeed, what is and isn't a glitch for the rules is poorly defined at best,) but you wouldn't be the first to show yourself doing it on the forums without getting any issues, so I think It's safe to assume it's fully allowed. :)
    Fred_TWK likes this.